Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these arguments, all because of The Kooks haha.

Also when I find out who it is who goes through all my posts giving me negatives, you're in for a Izzet suprise.

Haha all because you like Sam Bailey over Tame Impala. Which if we're being honest is bullshit anyway.

I highly doubt you really give a shit either way about either of them and you said that out of anger purely for the sake of it.

The initial remark was aimed at being able to tell a lot about someone who would prefer a made over x factor contestant who has had one song that would have been brought out be someone else if there was a different winner. A singer who's music is aimed directly at the middle aged saps who's lives revolve around television, over, A band who if nothing else play their own music and are successful all over the world. Said with the understanding that your comment was a heat of the moment, fuck you remark. The responses got a bit out of hand, but it's all good sport.

The Courteeners are plenty popular down south. People just say shit to get reactions.

Haha all because you like Sam Bailey over Tame Impala. Which if we're being honest is bullshit anyway.

I highly doubt you really give a shit either way about either of them and you said that out of anger purely for the sake of it.

Weren't out of anger, I just like being a c**t.

It's too easy to get reactions out of people on this forum.

The Kooks comments I genuinely mean though, I don't see how they'd be worthy of a sub, but I'm not having that arguentment again.

I was going to say something more along the lines of:

5 people are in a room ones favourite band/singer is Arctic Monkeys, another is Parkway drive, another is Pavarotti, another is Lily Allen and the other is Miley Cyrus.

Knowing nothing else about the people, who would you assume would be the person you would like to talk to the most?

Woah woah woah 2 of my favourite bands are Parkway Drive and Arctic Monkeys. Just because they are very different genres does not mean people can't enjoy both bands. People assume that because someone listens to metal they are this horrible breed of people which is total bullshit. Never judge a book by its cover.

Woah woah woah 2 of my favourite bands are Parkway Drive and Arctic Monkeys. Just because they are very different genres does not mean people can't enjoy both bands. People assume that because someone listens to metal they are this horrible breed of people which is total bullshit. Never judge a book by its cover.

You've just assumed that people are assuming that.

Who has said anyone is a horrible breed of person?

The Kooks comments I genuinely mean though, I don't see how they'd be worthy of a sub, but I'm not having that arguentment again.

Same difference, I knew you were not saying it in all seriousness and I was having a tongue in cheek dig back.

Then it got out of hand so we went along for the ride. Good times. I still can't make the connection of why saying that being able to get read on people automatically equates to labelling them a bad person or judging them, but lifes full of downers.

I know you're serious about the kooks, I doubt they would sub either but I stand by the fact that they would be a great second stage headliner all things considered.

ano the kooks comments have annoyed me that am posting.

They were shocking on there day.

Imagine sitting with mates and someone puts on the 1st kooks album?

You would have to give them a slap

The Courteeners can sell out arena's up north but they wouldn't come close down south.

They're only headlining the NME at Reading because headlining NME is the correct position for them at Leeds.

White Lies, Frank Turner a few years, Rick Ross all played Wembley Arena, I can't see how The Courteeners aren't the same size.

White Lies, Frank Turner a few years, Rick Ross all played Wembley Arena, I can't see how The Courteeners aren't the same size.

The largest venue Courteeners could sell out down here is Brixton. White Lies, if I remember correctly, was a bit of a flop, Frank Turner has a huge crossover fanbase (that's why he's played the O2) and I'm not even going to touch on Rick Ross.

They might decide to play Wembley, bit it wouldn't sell very well. That's probably why when they decided to step up to arena's up north they only played Shepherd's Bush down south rather than do a proper tour.

Definitely one of the biggest, didn't realise Rick Ross was that famous, Beni Headliner worthy?

Haha nah, I dont think a lot of US rapper cross over into european festivals that well.

Also he ain't that mainstream, one of them blokes that unless you're into hip hop you probably wouldn't know many if any of his tunes.

Haha nah, I dont think a lot of US rapper cross over into european festivals that well.

Also he ain't that mainstream, one of them blokes that unless you're into hip hop you probably wouldn't know many if any of his tunes.

I was taking the piss mate haha, although the sight of that fat fuck sweating to death in the heat is worth my ticket money alone.

im from down south and don't reckon courteeners could sell out wembley unless they had really cheap tickets and decent support acts, though saying they could probably do the O2, Vaccines and Two Door Cinema Club have both done it, tickets were £15 and had decent support acts as far as I remember they both sold out fairly quick so could see Courteeners doing O2. When I saw Courteeners at Reading 2012 there was hardly anyone there, even though foster the people were on after which packed out the place they really didn't pull in a strong crowd