Metallica and the lack of metal

Guest Englishdragon

Quite frankly those people are fucking clueless idiots......ive been going to metal gigs for a long long time ive never even seen someone seriously hurt let alone killed.what are these people basing this paranoia on? its fucking silly

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to watch headliners down the front, so I wont be allowed to do this because of all the people fighting? that doesnt seem very fair.

I just dont like being in fights. Some people do, but I dont think the average glastonbury goer does. That clip of metallica about looked very aggressive and frightening. I can see why ME has been against the genre, I really can.

the Glastonbury crowd this year will be the same Glastonbury crowd as always. it's not gonna be full of metalheads just there to get up front for Metallica and kick the shit out of everybody surrounding them. there might be a little bit more pushing and swaying in the crowd and a few people head banging, but you're not gonna get to the front of the crowd and immediately get a fist thrown in your face. all these preconceptions of the Metallica crowd at Glastonbury are ridiculous.

i forgot that they usually have to have ten ambulances waiting outside the arenas Metallica play in for the inevitable crowd of broken boned people soon to emerge

I like to watch headliners down the front, so I wont be allowed to do this because of all the people fighting? that doesnt seem very fair.

I just dont like being in fights. Some people do, but I dont think the average glastonbury goer does. That clip of metallica about looked very aggressive and frightening. I can see why ME has been against the genre, I really can.

I quite often frequent The Hatchet pub in Bristol which is a favourite hangout for Metallers, punks, skinheads, goths etc and have never seen any bother and its always friendly. I would probably feel safer and more welcome there there than in a high street chain boozer.

People just sometimes get scared of people who look and act different from them.

thats a big misconception, you assume metal fans only like metal........I love metal but I dont want to see `only metal` espcially when im paying 200 quid for a ticket and spending 5 days at a festival. Plenty of metal fans at glasto as seen last year from the big crowd shakiri got, saw quite a few metal band t shirts etc as well people walking around, you`ll be suprised I think. Of course youll be able to tell the diehard metallica fans if they perform as we`ll be the ones down the front going nuts but then I guess that goes for any diehard fans of any acts on the bill.