Rose-Colored Boy

The Script could headline MTV stage maybe, and i could see Kasabian doing V. Kanye and Foo's are hopeful but id say doubtful. Muse and Coldplay are equally as doubtful but id like to see one of them.

Cheryl to play the Lily Allen slot next year i think, and Avicii to headline MTV Stage on sunday at Chelms. Martin Garrix to headline Arena like Alesso did this year and Passenger to be there somewhere

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a great idea to included some acts they played the first one big or small acts it will be a nice touch. And they could call it the spirt of 96. But I do not want kanye to headline it will probably he will not care every much just do it for the money. I think british artists or Australia artists will care more and want to put on a show. Sorry but rant over.

Tbh I dont think anyone major will appear from the first V, and if they do they will only be on a low position. V seems too focused on pop and dance to think about old(er) school music

Stranglers, human league, blondie, paul Heaton, Nile Rodgers, train, m people, the wailers

Stranglers, human league, blondie, paul Heaton, Nile Rodgers, train, m people, the wailers

Nile Rogers and Train have had recently popular songs, but I do see your point that a few acts are older but most play a fairly low position if they haven't had anything relevant in the last year, so I dont think Pulp or Orbital will be there next year. Also, alot of the new stereotypical V goers wouldn't recognise that they were from the first V as they are all 'pissed, pilled up chavs' :P

I could see it being

Coldplay / Kasabian Rihanna / Adele / Calvin Harris

Jake Bugg The Script

Ellie Goulding Imagine Dragons

Maroon 5 Courteeners

Jesus christ

I'm thinking R&L only gave Macklemore such a big slot to keep him/them away from V (which would have been a great clash with The Killers as opposed to the choice of DJ sets we ended up with) so if they turn around their second album quickly (bearing in mind they're independent so it's not impossible) I can see them playing.

Can't see Courteeners playing lower than Imagine Dragons.

Other than that looks fairly believavle :(

Money is on Pharrell to headline

Why? Becuase he subbed at Wireless (which is the tier below V this year) and has had an album bomb since being booked for that?

The Script could headline MTV stage maybe

so from subbing the highest-profile headliner V has ever had to playing the second stage, probably against the 'rock' headliner which is when V seem to prefer having a DJ on that stage

right

Cheryl to play the Lily Allen slot next year i think

wtf, no, i'd bet good money that cheryl cole will never play the main stage at a proper festival and never would even if she wasn't busy with X Factor rubbish at this time of year.

Lily Allen is a regular third down on the Pyramid at Glastonbury so was arguably a very good booking to be only third down at V too, Cheryl Cole doesn't even tour never mind play the Pyramid at Glastonbury.

Has Jay-Z been mentioned before?

Yes, was talked about him pulling out maybe being the reason for The Killers being booked this year. If that's true (which I doubt) then V almost certainly won't go near him again but if it isn't I can see it happening.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1) I'm thinking R&L only gave Macklemore such a big slot to keep him/them away from V (which would have been a great clash with The Killers as opposed to the choice of DJ sets we ended up with) so if they turn around their second album quickly (bearing in mind they're independent so it's not impossible) I can see them playing.

2) Can't see Courteeners playing lower than Imagine Dragons.

Other than that looks fairly believavle :(

3) Why? Becuase he subbed at Wireless (which is the tier below V this year) and has had an album bomb since being booked for that?

4) so from subbing the highest-profile headliner V has ever had to playing the second stage, probably against the 'rock' headliner which is when V seem to prefer having a DJ on that stage

right

5) wtf, no, i'd bet good money that cheryl cole will never play the main stage at a proper festival and never would even if she wasn't busy with X Factor rubbish at this time of year.

Lily Allen is a regular third down on the Pyramid at Glastonbury so was arguably a very good booking to be only third down at V too, Cheryl Cole doesn't even tour never mind play the Pyramid at Glastonbury.

1) Where do you see Mackelmore playing? As he might not accept much lower than what R&L gave him

2) Agreed, so cant see them both playing the same day or Courteeners even playing

3) Could see him subbing, but I agree I dont see him headlining

4) Same slot for them then if they play? Because I doubt they would play lower and I dont see why they would need to be against the rockier headliner as they could play where Elbow did and play against the Pop-ier headliner.

5) Okay, fair enough. Ellie Goulding to play that slot then. Just thought its been a while since she was meant to headline the Arena and with the X Factor publicity it could be something that appealed to her. Could see her touring at some point though

1) Where do you see Mackelmore playing? As he might not accept much lower than what R&L gave him

I think he might well accept lower than that given he got a fairly limited crowd last night including a couple of bottles thrown from people waiting for the headliner, although then again if he has the second album out by then and it does as well as the first then who is to say he would still look out of place subbing V in a year's time

2) Agreed, so cant see them both playing the same day or Courteeners even playing

Courteeners are one of those bands who rotate between V and Reading year-by-year and they're just about to start touring Concrete Love later in the year so I'd say they're nailed on actually, quite possibly an MTV headliner

4) Same slot for them then if they play? Because I doubt they would play lower and I dont see why they would need to be against the rockier headliner as they could play where Elbow did and play against the Pop-ier headliner.

I made this point the other day, I don't ever see them as a headlining band but unless they suddenly have an album bomb (which doesn't seem an imminent prospect) they're probably too popular to play lower down so they either have to come back and play the same slot at V every time they have an album out or skip V altogether, neither of which seem like good ideas

and with the X Factor publicity it could be something that appealed to her

cheryl cole's music 'career' has only been relaunched to boost X Factor, she hasn't rejoined X Factor to suddenly become a globe-conquering musician, I thought that much was obvious :P if it doesn't get Cheryl's name in the papers (and playing third down at a festival which isn't even televised properly doesn't get you in the papers) then there's no boost to X Factor so she ain't doing it I'd say

Edited by Zac Quinn

Bruno Mars Kasabian

The Script Taylor Swift

Ellie Goulding Jake Bugg

The 1975 Sam Smith

Clean Bandit Ben Howard

Courteeners/Maroon 5 Macklemore/HAIM/some random Scandanavian DJ

They might squeeze Pharrell or Jessie J in there somewhere, probably in place of Ellie Goulding if she takes a year off, but if not that's my best guess at the minute.

Would love V not to book Jake Bugg just to see what Reading would do with him next year xD

Edited by Zac Quinn

After Reading and what Macklemore said, they will most definitely be touring next summer after the release of the new album.

Sounds like it's nearly done anyway, they played new stuff on sunday and apparently this mini tour was just a short break from the studio

If they play V they will sub, I don't know where you were standing zac but he got a massive crowd at reading.

I don't know where you were standing zac but he got a massive crowd at reading.

When I said "limited" I didn't mean in terms of size, I was too far forward to judge that (front of the second section) so I don't really know other than what I've read on here. It was more limited in the sense of actual reaction. He isn't quite big enough - yet - for enough people to have bought the album to get a decent reaction to songs other than the massive hits. Although it probably didn't help that the sound wasn't great so the whole drag act finale thing kind of got a bit lost.

Having said that, if between now and next summer they pull three massive singles from the second album in the way they pulled Thrift Shop/Can't Hold Us/Same Love from the first, and work out a cover, they're suddenly only two or three good album tracks away from the standard depth in setlist that Ed had subbing V this year or The Script had last year. So it's definetely possible that if they get album 2 out sharpish a sub slot would go down better at V.

(ps this isn't a reflection on my opinion, I really enjoyed myself. But I know most of the songs they pulled out).

Bruno Mars Kasabian

The Script Taylor Swift

Ellie Goulding Jake Bugg

The 1975 Sam Smith

Clean Bandit Ben Howard

Courteeners/Maroon 5 Macklemore/HAIM/some random Scandanavian DJ

They might squeeze Pharrell or Jessie J in there somewhere, probably in place of Ellie Goulding if she takes a year off, but if not that's my best guess at the minute.

Would love V not to book Jake Bugg just to see what Reading would do with him next year xD

Hope Bruno doesn't do V, saw a bit of him at Wireless and while he seemed to put on a good show, he isnt my cup of tea. If Ellie Goulding does V I think she will play where you say. I dont think Courteeners or Maroon 5 would headline MTV stage, just doesn't seem right to me.

A DJ act to headline the sunday at Chelms will probably be on the cards, so maybe Avicii or the return of Guetta or Calvin.

Dont think Taylor Swift would sub, but I dont know if thats just because I dont see her at V anyway.

If Jake Bugg doesnt do V maybe we will see a year without him :D

V should book Dolly Parton and be done with life.

All day yeah?

I reckon it's gonna be Eminem if it's releasing greatest hits and some new material

While I think that would be fun to see, alot of people would complain about the repeat booking

maybe Avicii or the return of Guetta or Calvin.

hooray

Dont think Taylor Swift would sub, but I dont know if thats just because I dont see her at V anyway.

she's played the main stage five years ago, quite low down but she's grown absolutely massively since then. and if she's properly serious about this "commercial pop" route then surely playing V is the way for her to prove that

Edited by Zac Quinn

last time she played other notable acts on the bill included Lily Allen, The Script, Paolo Nutini, Calvin Harris, Pixie Lott, GLC, Starsailor, McFly, Elbow and The Killers. V's repeated booking problem goes a lot deeper than just the headliners :P

Edited by Zac Quinn