Getting married and having children - is it so strange as a woman I don't want either?

Guest sunnydaysblue

I'm not a feminist but that is one part of the marriage process I don't agree with - as a woman losing your last name and being replaced by your partners. I appreciate that you don't have to but it is still the tradition and many women do do it still let's be honest. Don't think I've met anyone who's kept their last name after marriage. Seems a bit unnecessary and by doing so for me it would feel like losing me and a part of my family

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a feminist but that is one part of the marriage process I don't agree with - as a woman losing your last name and being replaced by your partners. I appreciate that you don't have to but it is still the tradition and many women do do it still let's be honest. Don't think I've met anyone who's kept their last name after marriage. Seems a bit unnecessary and by doing so for me it would feel like losing me and a part of my family

Think people are getting a bit stupid.

IMO any wedding planning is a balance between what the couple want, and what the families and guests would want/be comfortable with.

It depends if the day is about showing off to family & guests, or if it's about getting married.

Marriage does not require any of the bullshit that's attached to it as standard.