I am going to be a Daddy just before Glasto - to go or not to go?

Guest beermonster_c

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your responses folks and thanks for the Congratulations, some interesting points to think on.

Just to update on a couple of points raised.

If the wife went 2 weeks over there is no way I would be leaving her alone, if I hadn't cancelled my ticket by then it would simply not be used by me.

Grandparents won't be babysitting in future years as some of them go to the festival with us. All being well with Baby Beermonster and tickets permitting little one will be going with us in future years.

Commuting daily is not an option as we live too far away, although going Friday to Sunday only has been suggested by me.

As I said above, appreciate you all taking them time to offer your thoughts on this.

Missing 4 days of his life will not be the end of the world. If your wife is happy for you to go, and will be at her parents and well looked after, then I cannot fathom why some people are being so melodramatic with their replies.

Enjoy the festival then enjoy your baby. Life doesn't have to end when you have a child.

pass an orange from your jap's eye that needs something doing for it every 15 minutes and sends your hormones absolutely batcrap then tell me you'd not want mrs russy to hold your hand while it was going on.

edit: apologies for the probable racism inferred from my biological terminology. it's not meant, it's drunken ignorance as to the correct word.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

And would your response be the same if it was a woman asking russy? The first weeks actually are very important for bonding both one on one and as a family. I am sure her parents can look after her perfectly well, fact is I would want my husband to do it.

If it was a second or third child, the answer would be different. You just know how its going to turn out, physically or mentally. Best to commit to not going now and just go with it. I havent gone every year and its just how it is. Its not the end of the world.

And would your response be the same if it was a woman asking russy? The first weeks actually are very important for bonding both one on one and as a family. I am sure her parents can look after her perfectly well, fact is I would want my husband to do it.

If it was a second or third child, the answer would be different. You just know how its going to turn out, physically or mentally. Best to commit to not going now and just go with it. I havent gone every year and its just how it is. Its not the end of the world.

I was just trying to remember what it was called. I'll have a look for you. Turned into an interesting debate!

Edit: found it!

/topic/172686-torn/">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/172686-torn/

And it's not actually the same to be honest as the poster's wife was pregnant rather than having actually given birth. But might be helpful!

I don't feel qualified to give advice on this, by the way, particularly since I badly want your tickets! ;) I wouldn't go in your position but everyone's different and I think it depends on you and your situation. Congrats anyway!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Missing 4 days of his life will not be the end of the world. If your wife is happy for you to go, and will be at her parents and well looked after, then I cannot fathom why some people are being so melodramatic with their replies.

Enjoy the festival then enjoy your baby. Life doesn't have to end when you have a child.