The National

Zoo Music Girl

I started watching this but then it completely crashed my phone! What happens? Will try and watch later.

Anyway, setlist below. Pretty much perfect except for lack of Abel. Not sure what 29 Years is though? Surely Slow Show? Forgot to mention Fake Empire last night - another clear highlight.

Don't Swallow the Cap

I Should Live in Salt

Mistaken for Strangers

Bloodbuzz Ohio

Demons

Sea of Love

Afraid of Everyone

Hard to Find

This Is the Last Time

I Need My Girl

Squalor Victoria

Conversation 16

Available

29 Years

Slow Show

Apartment Story

About Today

Pink Rabbits

England

Graceless

Fake Empire

Encore:

Lean

Humiliation

Mr. November

Terrible Love

Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Edit: I see 29 Years is an old one - not sure they played it though.

He barged straight through us. :biggrin:

My iPhone wouldn't upload to Youtube in high quality so the quality on there isn't great but it's still there.

Matt was just on 6music and said they will be touring for most of next year

so don't rule them out from Glasto yet :)

This is awesome news :D

After last night I would absolutely love to see them at Glastonbury. Please let them - and me - be there.

I haven't stopped listening to them all day.

Edited by RebeccaD

He barged straight through us. :biggrin:

My iPhone wouldn't upload to Youtube in high quality so the quality on there isn't great but it's still there.

Just watched it - amazing stuff! Brought back some lovely memories of last night. So amazing to have the whole crowd singing Vanderlyle like that. That was the only time the crowd seemed to come to life where I was.

Just watched it - amazing stuff! Brought back some lovely memories of last night. So amazing to have the whole crowd singing Vanderlyle like that. That was the only time the crowd seemed to come to life where I was.

It's a special one. Last time, they did it accapella with complete silence but I think the Apollo was too big for them to attempt it there.

Disaster? Oh no! :( How come?

I had no problems getting home, just took bloody ages.

Met an old mate I haven't seen for ages in Camden; he ended up getting a ticket outside the venue and coming along. Just as The National came on stage the security waded in saying he'd been bumping into the people in front, took us out to the foyer and threatened to throw the four of us out.

As Don't Swallow The Cap was kicking off, we were being read the riot act outside.

We lost our place near the front, then when we got back in, got separated. Watched the whole gig on my own at the front, couldn't get through on the phone to my friends, then legged it back to Victoria for the last bus back to Bristol, but my friends, who had the bus tickets, didn't make it, despite having to spend £25 on a taxi; so I watched as the last bus until 7.30 the next morning pulled out, and we spent the whole night sat freezing and bored shitless in Victoria.

Drank far too much before the gig too, so the first half of the set is a bit of a blur in my memory. What a fuck up!

Edited by Dog Burger

All the wine -> Abel -> slow show

got a setlist, will snap when i get home. This is why you should be my gig buddy Rebecca ;)

I bloody knew it! We got Slow Show though :P

I'll see Abel at some point. It took me 10 years to see Nick Cave do From Her To Eternity and I saw it four times this year. I will not give up hope!

Bloody love that band.

Dog Burger, how gutting! :( At least you saw the gig I suppose?

I am the tall one as far as ladies are concerned. It was between me and two others and the roadie threw it to some other woman. Ah well.

So Arcade Fire or The National? I think The National take it based on those two performances. Not that AF weren't awesome. The National were just that bit more awesome.

Ah you got Slipped as well! Me and Dog Burger went to the wrong night.

Edited by RebeccaD

I met a nice man in a tiger onesie at AF who made my night very fun, but I think the length of The National's set, and the huuuuge number of belters, it has to be them. Also considering I've hardly listened to Reflektor compared to The National's discography.

anyway, i found that thing i was looking for ages ago

[–]handsomew0lf 28 points

6 months ago

Any chance you tour with arcade fire again?

Also, you guys sing about spiders and alligators quite a bit - why?

[–]thenationalband[S] 47 points

6 months

ago

B: probably? i saw richard last night and we talked about it but i think maybe something special and not a tour would be the right idea. they are close friends of ours.

pasted from reddit idk how that shit works but yeah. they best make it happen.