The Crowd.

Guest Matt42

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think he's like though, he's just recorded one song, just for him. S he probably couldn't give a toss if anyone else thinks its bad quality - it's just for him and its not like he's doing it every act; he's doing it once a day for what? 3/4 minutes?

What I personally can't stand is people doing it for all of the popular songs - songs where the crowd should really be going wild yet half of them are on their fucking video phones. If you must record something, why not one of the rarer tracks so we can watch this rarity later on, eh? ;)

what the mud situation? I've not been to DL so wouldn't know but Leeds was pretty bad across the site as the rain came down pretty heavy Thursday evening, Friday & Saturday to the point of saturation the organisers didn't seem to put much stuff down like they usually do, but I personally found it easier to walk through the soup than the chewy stuff lol

I had a great time tbh but I've never ached as much in my life after a festival!! but then I'm 39 so obviously the body can't take it these days lol but I'll probably do it again...

Download 12' Friday was the shittest festival day I've ever been to. I only had a day ticket for The Prodigy, had travelled all the way up from Berkshire that day, the car park queues were horrendous (we arrived at 1:30pm but didn't get inside the arena until near enough 5pm), you couldn't dance as your feet seemed to instantaneously stick to the mud, it rained heavy late evening/early night which was horrible and apparently they even had to hold off for a few hours on opening the arena because it was so bad! What a truly shitty year... Whatever Leeds had this year, it was nothing on Download 2012! Haha

It's no fun is it really?.... I can only compare it to my own worst experience and that was V in 2008 as mud came up to your knees in places but luckily only p***sed it down the one day. Leeds to me this year was worse but as most of the stages are tents it usually works out ok

I didn't think DL2012 was that bad actually. The late opening and canceled bands were a bummer but the underfoot conditions were ok and I struggled to see why they delayed opening. The sat and sun were fine and the mud was firm by the end. The slop everywhere at Leeds this year was much worse and neither were as bad as T 2012 which couldn't really have been any worse and still gone ahead. I still managed to get a tan at all these fests too! :)

Download 12 really wasnt bad at all tbh. It rained lots on the wednesday and thursday which left the ground in a pretty bad state, but once the music started it was fine.

Leeds was much worse this year, every inch of the site seemed to be covered in ankle deep mud and the thursday friday and saturday had horrendous downpours. Sunday was nice but the sun then was too little too late for the mud

Leeds this year was worse than download 12. The NME tent just in front of the middle barrier on the right side was flooded above knee hight. Relentless closed Sat as water above waist height. 100's of tents and people's belongings floating in newly formed lakes. Silent disco closed as raining so heavy the tent leaked and completely flooded. Half of alt stage closed off due to flooding etc. Yeah you get the picture.

I got covered in mud on Thursday night in picadilly. In my drunken state, I decided to let a girl sit on my shoulders, meaning my top half was covered as well as the bottom. My mate who was wearing MY SHIRT also decided to do the same thing.

I threw my shirt away for some reason one night too, in the oxfam tent, which is a shame, as I liked that shirt.