The Crowd.

Guest Matt42

Download 2012 was much worse in the campsites and village to the volume of rain in the early part of the week but the arena was fine all weekend apart from that bit to the right of the main stage which I completely avoided.

Leeds 2013 campsites were fine it was just the arena and walkways that were bad. For some reason though the rain didn't dampen my spirits at Leeds because it only really rained at times when I was in the arena. Once your wet that's it might as well power on through.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fine with the rain during the day, but after getting back to the tent on thursday, friday and saturday night I was getting pretty fed up of it.

Also I didnt find the campsites too bad at download though I think some camps were much worse than others. Same could be said of leeds though.

Edited by Dan R

I arrived late Friday at DL2012 (flight in the morning was cancelled due to staff not being able to get in because of the traffic thanks to Download) and it was hellish walking to the campsite and to Prodigy in the mud but the rest of the weekend was fine.

The Sunday was gorgeous if I remember right, the sun coming out perfectly in time for Refused into Dropkick Murphys and for Rise Against.

As said, the mud was basically trampled in by the Sunday. Was perfectly fine, but Leeds this year was just a slosh all weekend. Much, much worse this year.

On the crowd, i was completely let down by the crowd at Drenge (Reading). Dunno if anyone was near the front but further back the atmosphere was so fucking placid. One of my favourite bands and was dissapointed by many people (of all ages) simply standing there. Made my way forward and it improved but not greatly. Aside from that, and the editors, the crowd seemed pretty decent. Could definitely have been livelier tho.

is livelier a #word

Edited by thelionsmouth

Leeds this year was worse than download 12. The NME tent just in front of the middle barrier on the right side was flooded above knee hight. Relentless closed Sat as water above waist height. 100's of tents and people's belongings floating in newly formed lakes. Silent disco closed as raining so heavy the tent leaked and completely flooded. Half of alt stage closed off due to flooding etc. Yeah you get the picture.

On the crowd, i was completely let down by the crowd at Drenge (Reading). Dunno if anyone was near the front but further back the atmosphere was so fucking placid. One of my favourite bands and was dissapointed by many people (of all ages) simply standing there. Made my way forward and it improved but not greatly. Aside from that, and the editors, the crowd seemed pretty decent. Could definitely have been livelier tho.

is livelier a #word