Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

Any particular headliner preferences? Apart from getting Nick Cave back, I've gotta say Portishead would probably top mine. Maybe Flaming Lips.

Nick Cave/Pixies/JackWhite would be my top 3 but Sigur Ros/Portishead/Th XX/Phoenix would do.

I was thinking more of the undercard- Warpaint, BRMC, Horrors, White Lies, Dinosaur Jr, Hurts, Julian Casablancas, Savages, Eels, Daughter, Bombay, Desaparecidos, Beck, Cage The Elephant, Joy Formidable, TEED, The Cribs, Primal Scream, Manics, Franz Ferdinand, MBV, London Grammar, Fucked Up and a load of up & coming acts like Wolf Alice & Findlay.

I'd love to see The Jesus and Mary Chain but not sure what they're doing now

Edited by MattDavies__

Nick Cave/Pixies/JackWhite would be my top 3 but Sigur Ros/Portishead/Th XX/Phoenix would do.

I was thinking more of the undercard- Warpaint, BRMC, Horrors, White Lies, Dinosaur Jr, Hurts, Julian Casablancas, Savages, Eels, Daughter, Bombay, Desaparecidos, Beck, Cage The Elephant, Joy Formidable, TEED, The Cribs, Primal Scream, Manics, Franz Ferdinand, MBV, London Grammar, Fucked Up and a load of up & coming acts like Wolf Alice & Findlay.

Oh yeah, I realised you meant the undercard, but I was curious about headliner preferences. Ace choices for undercard though, I'm thinking it should be pretty damn good again, issue for me is which of this or Truck I'd rather do.

Very very good choices. All in bold would be great. The rest I mainly haven't listened to, but i'll presume they're good as well.

My ideal 3 acts to play would probably be: Portishead, Neutral Milk Hotel, Julian Casablancas

Oh yeah, I realised you meant the undercard, but I was curious about headliner preferences. Ace choices for undercard though, I'm thinking it should be pretty damn good again, issue for me is which of this or Truck I'd rather do.

Truck seems proper good value for £80.

Very very good choices. All in bold would be great. The rest I mainly haven't listened to, but i'll presume they're good as well.

You'll like most of them going by what you've highlighted. Definitely check out Findlay, she should do well next year :)

Truck seems proper good value for £80.

You'll like most of them going by what you've highlighted. Definitely check out Findlay, she should do well next year :)

It's an ace little fest, but I'll volunteer whichever I go to. Question is whether the extra travel cost of Latitude will be worth it for the bigger names.

Everyone should check out Warpaint and Desaparecidos.

In terms of smaller fests (similar to Truck) check out y not, i went last year was 70 quid for whole weekend, great line-up (horrors, cribs, joy formidable, mystery jets, reverend and the makers, the 1975, wolf alice) and great weekend :)

I reckon Beck, Bombay, Primal Scream, Manics, Franz Ferdinand and maybe even White Lies wouldn't be on the undercard. They'd top the bill surely?

MBV, Hurts and Dinosaur Jr. won't be there. The Horrors WILL be there and probably the rest of the stuff that's small enough to get on there too.

I doubt we'll get any Conor Oberst.

I think Beck's shrunk a fair bit lately, he might sub nowadays.

In terms of smaller fests (similar to Truck) check out y not, i went last year was 70 quid for whole weekend, great line-up (horrors, cribs, joy formidable, mystery jets, reverend and the makers, the 1975, wolf alice) and great weekend :)

Did 2kTrees which is partnered with Y-Not, there were good bands at Y-Not but it didn't look quite suitable for me. Tempted to try next year though.

Did 2kTrees which is partnered with Y-Not, there were good bands at Y-Not but it didn't look quite suitable for me. Tempted to try next year though.

Yeah it was a great weekend, my first festival as well! Had quite a stoner/chilled atmosphere I guess and the late night arena's on fri/sat were good fun. Security on the way in were a bitch and it rained a lot, otherwise an excellent weekend!

I reckon Beck, Bombay, Primal Scream, Manics, Franz Ferdinand and maybe even White Lies wouldn't be on the undercard. They'd top the bill surely?

MBV, Hurts and Dinosaur Jr. won't be there. The Horrors WILL be there and probably the rest of the stuff that's small enough to get on there too.

Probably right about Bombay actually. I'm not sure about Primal Scream and White Lies, difficult ones to call, especially when you look at Yeah Yeah Yeahs this year. i'd have said both were very similar to Maccabees in terms of popularity.

I saw her play the Ruby Lounge in Manchester in March, pretty sure there was a guy in the crowd masturbating.... Surprised she's not got much radio play already, Off And On and Your Sister are pretty catchy and radio friendly. I'd imagine that berk from the Inspiral Carpets would deem it fit to play on his insipid XFM show, but I don't listen to it so I can't say whether he does or not.

First announcement 11th December, 1 week from today!

How many acts do you reckon will be announced, could be similar in size to R/L announcement on Tuesday... if so:

Headliner: Portishead

Sub/3rd Down: Neutral Milk Hotel

Radio 6 Headline: Julian Casablancas (or more realistically Kodaline or The 1975)

Maybe Chvrches and Alunageorge for the teen audience

Wolf Alice, Parquet Courts, Lucy Rose as well?