Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't rule Kasabian out. We still need an act before sub on the 3rd (which is the spot where Kasabian naturally would play in Belgium) so they could be needed. Also, Metronomy is playing that Moscow fest on the 5th as well.

Some practical news: The food and drink stalls on the main roads outside the festival area will disappear, and regroup on a little square nearby. Also from this year on the camping sites will be led by the organisers, and not by local volunteering groups.

T in the Park line up is out...

What has happened with T in the Park line ups lasts years? Seen 2011 and now this is for crying!

Me and my friends bought tickets for T in 2012, and when the line up came out it was so shitty we decided to sell them and went to RW instead...

never regreat that decision!

T in the Park line up is out...

What has happened with T in the Park line ups lasts years? Seen 2011 and now this is for crying!

Me and my friends bought tickets for T in 2012, and when the line up came out it was so shitty we decided to sell them and went to RW instead...

never regreat that decision!

What about Graspop then?

Seriously, these kind of comments come back every year. First of all it's just a name, they're a music festival and not explicitely a rock festival. Second of all, the musical landscape is changing. Guitarbands aren't dominant anymore, even the alternative charts are topped by artists with electronic influences. There's no way they can put 70-80 relevant (!) rock groups on the bill with what's around at that time.

Edited by Gossard

I've been to Graspop twice. I'm just going in a large group, around 30 people, and GMM is to heavy for most of them....and RW too popy! If it was up to me I'd choose Graspop or Rock am Ring any day over RW. Having said that, last five times I've been to RW it has had way more rock acts then this year. Nobody is talking about 70 rock bands, but 3-4 each day wouldn't be asking to much would it? Having two days(Friday and Sunday) with no real rock band is an insult to us rock fans.

RW could have got bands like: Soundgarden, Offspring, Alice in Chains, Volbeat, Bad Religion, Deftones, Mastodon, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Queens of the Stone Age and a lot more. Most of these bands have played the festival before so they are RW kind of bands. RW just didn't bother sign them....

Edited by Dietediet