Security taking money to let people in

Guest tonyblair

I heard that literally thousands of people got in by bribing security, which also nets them thousands of pounds of extra income.

If the security that are getting paid to not let punters in without a ticket, are actively letting them in, what is the point of them being there? And how could it be prevented?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, £250 to get brought on site, a friend of a friend paid - he said if we knew anyone else that wanted to come down he could get anyone in no problem at all - had no wristband on so had to keep to low profile.

The Eavii defintely need to crack down on this, it seemed very prevalent this year.

Best way to stop it = have security doing wristband checks all over the site, that would soon put an end to it. Only had mine checked once all weekend on way into Shangri-la on Friday.

Edited by badger80

Not really sure how it can be prevented as there's always going to be people in that position on the make. Always has been and probably always will be. I can fully understand why lowly paid security would buckle as countless people come up to them with hundreds of pounds each in their hands asking to get in. I'm normally an honest person but would find it hard not to go for the tax free cash if I were in their shoes. They have no allegience to the festival like many of the punters have.

I suppose the numbers could be reduced if you had a smaller well paid security force policing the original security staff. Not sure if that's an idiotic idea or not. It probably is.

Not really sure how it can be prevented as there's always going to be people in that position on the make. Always has been and probably always will be. I can fully understand why lowly paid security would buckle as countless people come up to them with hundreds of pounds each in their hands asking to get in. I'm normally an honest person but would find it hard not to go for the tax free cash if I were in their shoes. They have no allegience to the festival like many of the punters have.

I suppose the numbers could be reduced if you had a smaller well paid security force policing the original security staff. Not sure if that's an idiotic idea or not. It probably is.

Do they not check to see if you have a ticket at the entrance's to the car parks anymore?

I didnt stay in the normal one this year but i thought it was very difficult to even get to the main gate without a ticket

I'd hate it if there were extra security roaming around randomly asking to see your wrist band every hour or so.

I understand why they take the money, I was just surprised about the numbers.

I'd agree with this. Whilst I don't agree with it at all, I can see why people do it-especially in this economic climate. I think it's about developing a 'trusted' workforce that can actively look for wristbands in the most prominent areas that people without wristbands would struggle to avoid- I was asked to show mine twice-both times upon entry to the SE Corner, but I could have walked back out of the queue again if I didn't have a wristband because they were doing it to everybody. Other than that, I had no other checks.

That's the problem then,the years I went up to 08 since the fence went up they asked to see our tickets on entering the car parks,if you can just drive in like the 90s no wonder there were more people able to get in on the sly.

Do they not check to see if you have a ticket at the entrance's to the car parks anymore?

I didnt stay in the normal one this year but i thought it was very difficult to even get to the main gate without a ticket

Edited by AiiShotTheDJ

Not sure how this would be the case. If youve got a wristband on, you'll have nothing to worry about. I'm sure security are looking at peoples wrists all the time checking, but a more visible presence doing this would scupper the dodgy firms as people wouldnt be willing to pay £250 if they knew there was a good chance they would be ejected.