How to stop People tripping over Guide Ropes?

Guest Festie.Fan

If you have to use them, then peg them as close to your tent as possible. You could also tie things like strips of coloured tape to them. Please don't put string in between them , it will piss people off

If you're tent doesn't have fluorescent / hi-vis guy ropes, try to make them as visible as possible - wind ribbons or tape around them, maybe, or battery or solar-powered fairy lights? Most campsites are tightly packed so you'll need to have the guys as close in as you can anyway - cross them over each other for strength, and don't be tempted to use string or tape to join several guys together or to attach the guys from one tent to another - they're much more likely to be a trip hazard.

You can rip a white plastic bag into strips and tie them to the guy ropes. They'll still be visible at night.

Like others have said, only use the ones you absolutely need. Guy ropes are to stop your tent blowing away in high wind. We aren't going to be getting much of that in a valley in Somerset in June (well, touch wood).

See what it looks like without them as you will more than likely be okay or if you have to use them go on a diagonal backwards towards your tent. Make sure they are tort but actually quite near your actual tent if you know what I mean. I do this every year to try and minimise the risk of someone stacking it on to my head while I'm having a kip!

You can pick up solar string lights for £10... or less if you hunt around. People won't trip over them and they will make your tent easier find. As has been said... If you peg your guide rope needlessly far out some intoxicated staggering helpful soul will no doubt move it... Usually by getting caught up in it and furiously waving arms plow straight through... Well you hope its the peg that gives first.

There really is only 6 hours of darkness... but solar powered lights that don't work in the dark.. are... well... useless... anywhere?

So realistically after 18 hours daylight, even mild light.. You should get 6 hours... if you at least put the solar panel facing up (I've seen people do otherwise... Including hiding the solar panel in the tent!)

Edited by SlightlyMe

For starters don't put them up unless the tent doesn't stay up without them - less hazard win

Then peg those you do need as close as possible and as said hang stuff off them. With potentially lots of guy ropes the solar solution gets very expensive and there is a reasonable amount of light in the camping if your markers are light coloured should be fine

You can pick up solar string lights for £10... or less if you hunt around. People won't trip over them and they will make your tent easier find. As has been said... If you peg your guide rope needlessly far out some intoxicated staggering helpful soul will no doubt move it... Usually by getting caught up in it and furiously waving arms plow straight through... Well you hope its the peg that gives first.

[/quote

i just rope the whole place off and get me mates to stand there all night just so i can get a good nights sleep