Rucksag/Bag for during the day?

Guest DeclarationOfWar

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take a rucksack at all. I hate stood next to people wearing them. Every time they turn round they hit you with it.

Only take what you can carry in your pockets. Buy your food and drink from the vendors.

One less thing to worry about.

Gives you more freedom to dance.

Less is more.

Edited by funkyuk

buying drinks from vendors really isn't an option is it...

i mean, one or two pints a day, but buying ALL of your daily drinks from them. you'd be skint by the end of day one

think i'll bring a small backpack and squeeze as much booze into it as possible as well as camera, hoody, toilet paper, water, cigarettes etc

I usually have a cross body handbag thing for my daytime essentials (money, loo roll, all the shit girls carry round etc) because its easy to keep an eye on when in a crowd, and then I use the free little bag they give you to carry my booze. That way when I have drunk all my cans I can just fold up the free bag and put it in my main bag.

Me and hubby both taking rucksacks as we taking the two kids with us so need to carry few bits around, we both got rucksacks from TKMAXX they are a make called Dakine they both have cooler pockets on the front great for couple cans or water! a velvet lined sunglasses pouch in the top loads of other handy zipped pockets and my hubbys has a pocket inside with a clip in to attach keys to and best thing was they were a bargain at £9.99 each! they are around 35-50 online!!.

Not so worried about theft as I will also be wearing a small cross body bag with tickets pass outs and money in there, so no real valuables in rucksacks.

Don't think we will be going in major crowds with the kids but i will take not of previous comment on getting hit by rucksack and will be very careful or wear it on my front!! the link below is like mine but it is bright pink and cost alot less!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dakine-Girls-Prom-25L-Backpack-Cooler-Pocket-Laptop-sleeve-/171052761931#vi-content

Me and hubby both taking rucksacks as we taking the two kids with us so need to carry few bits around, we both got rucksacks from TKMAXX they are a make called Dakine they both have cooler pockets on the front great for couple cans or water! a velvet lined sunglasses pouch in the top loads of other handy zipped pockets and my hubbys has a pocket inside with a clip in to attach keys to and best thing was they were a bargain at £9.99 each! they are around 35-50 online!!.

Not so worried about theft as I will also be wearing a small cross body bag with tickets pass outs and money in there, so no real valuables in rucksacks.

Don't think we will be going in major crowds with the kids but i will take not of previous comment on getting hit by rucksack and will be very careful or wear it on my front!! the link below is like mine but it is bright pink and cost alot less!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dakine-Girls-Prom-25L-Backpack-Cooler-Pocket-Laptop-sleeve-/171052761931#vi-content

i've got a daypack (dunno the litre-age, maybe 10?) that i take all my cans and supplies in when i leave the tent. as the cans get drunk and it gets lighter, i squish it up and jam it in one of the glasto tote bags so it's less of a nuisance in crowds later in the day. my valuables are in an across the body pouch bag thing so i can keep them on my front.

I have taken this old bag twice to glasto and has served me well.

when it gets heavy i pad the strap with my scarf, can fold a blanket over the bag to carry blanket, and swing it round the front in a crowd, so you ain't wacking people and for security. Easy on off, just slip the hoop over the head.

And it is always fun when people start chanting "Work Less Play More" behind you!!

They don't make em any more but do something similar.

18397.jpg

no rucksack for me this year, it's tedious carting it around all day/night and having to move it around on to your chest when in the crowd. I've got one of those GoLite waist packs, has 2 zipped up pockets that I can squeeze the essentials in and 2 can holders which help keep them cool for a while. Will also be stuffing the pockets on my cargo shorts.

Might just get one of the booze slings though, like the idea of that, get 6 chilled cider cans in it and easy to carry

Alternatively -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-BEER-BELLY-BEVERAGE-FLASK-HOLDS-A-6-PK-OF-BEER-SODA-80-OZ-OF-WINE-NEW-/221215496929?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3381789ae1

Edited by Big Vern