2 weeks today I will be.......

Guest ads1980

Sat in my mums house saying the immortal words "No that's fine Mum thanks we've had plenty to eat, no no you sit down mum I'll make the tea.....ok you make the tea, no no I don't need any cake with my tea, oh freshly baked you say? Fresh cream? Ok just a small slice....mum. a SMALL slice"

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be spending the day pretending to work whilst knowing we are picking up the hire car in London at 4pm. Increasing levels of excitement.

Pick car up 4pm, back to house by 4:30, pack boot, down to South London by 7pm to pick up other couple, then M3 > A303 to Yeovil where we'll crash for the night, ready for early start Thursday morning for the final leg. Sure, we could have just gone straight to the festival, but the stress of finding a spot and pitching a tent in the dark after a 3-4 hour drive is not worth it.

Two weeks from 'then' (OP), having a nightmare writing hand-over notes, then leaving work at 3pm to go meet mate and pick up the van. We then pack our trolleys and load them in the van ready for an early start the next morning. Then off to buy any last minute supplies and crucially pick up around 40ltrs of ice for the coolbox and then early to bed for a 4am start.

Two weeks from 'now' Should hopefully have just arrived having driven down from East London via Fleet services (where we always see lots of others on their way which adds to the excitement), then M3/A303 and past stonehenge and remembering the festivals in 83/84 I was lucky enough to attend as a teenager. The usual confusion on our way into Pilton, moaning about how they've change the road layouts and how it wasn't like this last time we went, or wait, 'maybe that the year before'. Finally parking up and those first few footsteps in the field/carpark gives me a little shiver or anticipation. A quick fag, saddle up the trolleys and off to the queues to moan about how long it takes 'just to check a bloody ticket' and moan that 'it wasn't this bad last time' :-)

Ooh... talking of road layouts, they've published the road closures and changes here:

http://www.somerset.gov.uk/irj/go/km/docs/CouncilDocuments/SCC/Documents/Environment/Traffic%20Management/Traffic%20Regulation%20Orders/Current%20orders/Orders/Glastonbury%20Festival%20TRO.pdf

Sat in my mums house saying the immortal words "No that's fine Mum thanks we've had plenty to eat, no no you sit down mum I'll make the tea.....ok you make the tea, no no I don't need any cake with my tea, oh freshly baked you say? Fresh cream? Ok just a small slice....mum. a SMALL slice"