ok shallow subject what will you be wearing?

Guest dottymum

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok resume first post - bloody mobiles whilst little drunk!!! That glasto will just be full of hot pant wearing bloody loathsome twenty year olds who have not a scrap of extra thigh thing going on that are going to make a mum of two feel like a big fat whale all wk!!! Ok so I'm not huge but whenever I Google glastonbury images why is everyone a fashion freak who is twenty and skinny!!!! Ok rant over I need to go to bed!! Bring on the.slaughter!!!!

Thanks krazypinkmix I am as you can tell not a self confident person but am trying my best to live life to the full after losing an important person young. I want me and my kids to experience everything i can too the most out of life but still find shallow things hold me backo! Sad I know but hope I will.get there!! Does anyone know if greenfields ever have a medium or physic there? Always wanted to visit one. Sorry if I gone too serious for a sat night!!! X x

No one is going to be concerned about how you look. I look a right state and glastonbury is where I don' care because no one is looking at me in the manner of "christ, look at the state of that" judgemental shite you get on the high streets of britain.

Dress for comfort, not for fashion and all will be well.

I do understand where you're coming fom. I'm in my early 30s, the rest of my group are a similar age, but the girls are all skinny and of the teeny tiny short wearing brigade. Whilst I'm not huge I most definitely cannot get away with wearing the same as them, and it does make me feel a bit self conscious. However i have found myself a pair of cargo shorts which I love, suit me and cover up my chunky thighs, so will be living in them and SOD WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS WEARING!

As a not so skinny 53yr old veteran best advice is go for comfort not fashion. If its wet then tights/leggings and short skirt/shorts with wellies work best. If hot take a cover up- scarf/ hat/ long sleeve shirt as very little shade. Something warm for evening as can get very chilly at night. And of course sparkly dresses, hats, a bright pink poncho etc etc ( that's just the boys!!!)- basically anything you fancy!!!

The reason when you Google glastonbury you get those photos, is that they're from newspapers and magazines, who are obsessed with superficial appearance. There are people of all ages, shapes and sizes at glastonbury, and you shouldn't worry about what anyone else is wearing or what they look like. Concentrate on having fun!

One of the most refreshing things at Glastonbury is you can wear whatever the hell you like and no one gives a stuff. The only person who's likely to worry about how you look is you so wear whatever makes you comfortable.

There will be hot pant wearing young women, just as there will be very handsome young men who look like they've just rolled out of bed and still look great! There'll also be people at the opposite end of the trendograph and everything in between.

Me, I'll be wearing cargo shorts, walking boots and whatever creased old t-shirt happens to be first at hand in my unpacked all week holdall!

Have a great time and worry about nothing more than the great time you'll be having! ;)

Ah thanks everyone for excellent replies! I know once I am there that I will prob not give a toss as will be having too much fun! I way over think things sometimes and um ho hum.....the wine didn't help!!! I am just so excited I can't stop looking for anything Glastonbury related and was looking at pics last night and got my jealous head on at the gorgeous ones!!! But fair dos if I had great pins I would show them off!!! Right silly jealous phase over!!! Bring on the fun! Ah my 4 yr old just got up and his first words of the day were I love you! Off for cuddles now, thanks again guys for helping me see sense x :):)

You are going to fit right in Dottymum. Most people there will not be the tanned skinny 20 year olds you see in the press. Friends come in all shapes sizes and the most interesting people I know are the ones who don't spend all their time in the gym. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I bet that you'll feel a lot more confident when you're there and can see how non judgemental most people are.

I will be wearing a mixture of clothing that I have made or adapted along with the usual shorts, t-shirts and a hat as it is going to be sunny sunny sunny. I have spent the last few months working on jackets for five of us which are now looking glowingly & glitteringly awesome. I can't wait to wear mine.

If you see a group of five of us with blue red green yellow and purple set of lights and glitter designs on the back of our jackets then say hi. I will be the blue one :)

Having said that about nudin up, that's normally only for Wednesday and Thursday and around my camp :) From Friday onwards I wear clothes as I'm all over the place from morning until late at night so want to be prepared for changes in temperature etc. So then I'll be wearing trainers, jeans, t-shirt, shirts and a jumper or something. I don't follow fashion but have a look like I'm from the 70's I guess. Thing is as others have said, it really doesn't matter what you wear. Just choose whatever clothes suit you best. It's just about having a good time :)

Rest assured, I am in my 20's. however, I am certainly not part of the micro hotpant stick insect brigade, nor would I want to be.

Just wear what makes you feel comfy! I'll be wearing dresses/skirts all week as that's what I feel best in when trekking around. I always feel very restricted in pants/shorts!