if V Festival 2013 cancelled for financial reasons...

Guest Prat.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year there were 20 plus bands I wanted to see like the Stone Roses, friendly fires, reverend and the markers, inspiral carpets, madness, the stranglers, the enemy, miles kane, shed seven and minus the bear.

This years line up is to me just really dull, uninspired and pop orientated, and with what Neil has said about the next announcement and with SR's like 5ive and mark owen I've spent my money on a download ticket.

I wouldnt like to see any of them from last year. If I went last year I would have been seeing different people to you

I dont think this year is dull, I think its more pop orientated yeah but thats what V is now. Theres a difference between pop now and pop back then with 5ive. I dont think id see 5ive or McFly or Mark Owen but I have a fair list already to see :)

Been to V Festival the last 5 years, this year being my 6th. However on this years line up the only ones I want to see who I havent before are as followed:

- Rudimental

- The Vaccines

- The Fratellis

Does this justify buying a £195 ticket? Probably not...

I do however want to watch: Stereophonics, Travis, Ocean Colour Scene, Calvin Harris and Olly Murs. I've seen these all before at V so perhaps the £195 ticket is a little more justified?

Alot of people seem to be wanting to watch TDCC..can anyone recommend any of their songs...never listened to any of their stuff before strangly!

I live in Essex, close to Chelmsford so me and my friends go every year now. But with the price being as high as it is and having seen so many of the acts before I will look to go T in the Park next year and get three days worth of music for a similar price.

Compared to U2 Coldplay and Beyonce I think this years and the possible next years line ups arent as strong, but thats because I never got into Stone Roses or Rolling Stones or Arcade Fire or Fleetwood Mac ect... Obviously I will be wrong with my opinion but hey ho its my view :P

Compared to U2 Coldplay and Beyonce I think this years and the possible next years line ups arent as strong, but thats because I never got into Stone Roses or Rolling Stones or Arcade Fire or Fleetwood Mac ect... Obviously I will be wrong with my opinion but hey ho its my view :P

Edited by sisco

From a business point of view, would you introduce a third day when your festival pretty much sells out on Ticket day and sells out every year when you charge the same price as three day festivals? bearing in mind it would cost more for them to get bands to fill the stages on that third day.

Based on nothing whatsoever, if V were ever to introduce a third day, the ticket would be at least £220. If ticket prices continue to rise, maybe they'll do it to justify the price, but seriously doubt it. V are the worst money grabbers of the whole festival season IMO.

V did a survey on their website a few years back asking would you like V to become a full 3 day event and the majority voted no. That was then however, V seemed to pull in a much older crowd then who liked the fact they could turn up Friday night/sat morning, set up watch some acts, chill and go home for work Monday morning. However they seem to be going for a much younger crowd now, so im surprised they don't do more to make it a longer event to milk more money out of punters. IE earlier opening like weds/thurs.

I doo see your point, but I think most festivals could keep the same ticket price and only do two days and it would still sell out just as well as usual. V do see to be very money grabbing, and we will see that if Beyonce pulls and V choose to book a cheaper act in her place.

Edited by Andy0808 v3.0

Yeah Im in that 'younger crowd' and im spending money on V now becuase I know once im at Uni i wont have any money left. Reading and Leeds is becoming more like V, especially with the NME stage getting bigger and Eminem and Chase & Status being a big pull for them.

I think some places dont sell out becuase of the capacity. If they reduced the capacity they could say 'oh we sold out quicker than X festival' where as they might sell less tickets. I think of they voted for making V a 3 day festival it would be split, but I dont think it would be as one sided as it may have been in the past