if V Festival 2013 cancelled for financial reasons...

Guest Prat.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they released a statement hours after they had gone on sale to say they had sold out - they hadn't

In 2012 they said they had sold out hours after going on sale, I emailed them to say they were still on sale at See - and within hours they had sold out, only to go back on sale in April.

In 2011 they sold out in 3 hours, V said it was almost straight away, so they were close.

In 2010 they put them on sale, said they had sold out, and then 5 days later put them on sale again and they sold out in a few days after that

There were all after early bird ticket sales made in the preceding year.

Com Truise

The reason I said it is much like Andys comment explained.

You stated about people's music tastes being narrow minded and then pointed out u would prefer to go to Reading with more acts u like (which is completly fair enough, rather than a place like Glastonbury with a lot more variety on offer.

Just personally thought it was contradictory that's all. Nothing wrong with it at all by the way, if somewhere suits ur tastes better then obv go there.

Com Truise

The reason I said it is much like Andys comment explained.

You stated about people's music tastes being narrow minded and then pointed out u would prefer to go to Reading with more acts u like (which is completly fair enough, rather than a place like Glastonbury with a lot more variety on offer.

Just personally thought it was contradictory that's all. Nothing wrong with it at all by the way, if somewhere suits ur tastes better then obv go there.

What time is the announcement due tomorrow? Any other names that are highly likely?

I saw on V site or Facebook site they would reject or cancel tickets sold on eBay or other secondary sites. I don't know how they would do that unless it was coach tickets where proof needs to be shown to get the tickets

The last announcement said they were going to announce early this week when they were rescheduling the actual announcement for...... Vception

Anyway they haven't even made an announcement about the announcement this week, it's all turning into one massive cock up isn't it

Yeah I get what you mean, of course Glasto has a much wider variety because it has more stages, but bar the top 5 or so stages, I doubt I'll have listened to any of the other acts, it's not that I don't like them, it's just I don't know them, and at the moment I just want to go to a fest with my mates where there's music we love. When/if I do ever decide to go to Glasto, I'd go for everything else and not just the music

I think it's fairly obvious that the original plan was to announce the rest of the bulk of the line-up on the '100 Days To Go' day. It's hard to know what the next milestone to look out for would be if they're going down that route? The site opens for campers three months from tomorrow, maybe.