if V Festival 2013 cancelled for financial reasons...

Guest Prat.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Im in that 'younger crowd' and im spending money on V now becuase I know once im at Uni i wont have any money left. Reading and Leeds is becoming more like V, especially with the NME stage getting bigger and Eminem and Chase & Status being a big pull for them.

I think some places dont sell out becuase of the capacity. If they reduced the capacity they could say 'oh we sold out quicker than X festival' where as they might sell less tickets. I think of they voted for making V a 3 day festival it would be split, but I dont think it would be as one sided as it may have been in the past

I don't think I've ever seen a more wrong statement on these forums! R+L, Download, IOW, Bestival, T in the Park are all 3 day festivals and they haven't sold out this year and they sure as hell wouldn't sell out if you cut them a day and kept the price basically the same...

Shit taste in music, fairly difficult to read posts and outlandish statements... feels like gazza is back

V manages to sell so why wouldnt R&L for people who like 'real music.' Personally I wouldnt see most of the acts at Leeds even if the ticket was free, same goes for Download and Bestival so if them festivals focus more on their target audience (I know Download does but R&L doesnt seem to know who their target audince is now)

If the more popular acts from 3 days were put into just 2, I think the festivals would see. No one sees all of the acts anyway, so it would be seeing the same acts but have a day free before the festival.

My taste in music isnt to everyones liking I know but its my choice. Whats your taste in music?

Why are my posts difficult to read? I havent had complaints before

Who is Gazza? Im guessing not Paul Gascoigne :P

I can't really reply to this without insulting you, so i'm going to go with the old adage 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all', mainly because you seem 'passionate' about music.

All I would say is maybe broaden your music tastes a bit, they seem very narrow, you have a surprising lack of knowledge of some very well known bands. Check them out, if you don't like them fine, but its always good to find new music.

I have very broad music tastes, not being snobby here just a results of growing up as part of a family that were big on music. I'm going to Download, glasto, rewind, bestival and y-not festival this year if that gives an indication of what kind of music i like.

As for not knowing who gazza is I've just realised you've racked up 500 posts in a month, very impressive, twice as many as I've posted in 5 years.

I just keep adding fuel to the dying embers of arguments and every now and then say something controversial...plus I want to get to 1000 posts before mine and my girlfriends anniversary next month :P

Im just waiting for GuitarManDan to get back to me, I think we might have a good debate :) Dont know what its about but still...Steps to headline the first 3 Day V fest :music::nyam::biggrin::good::D

Never knew there were so many faces, and Im not a hero...I AM IRONMAN (I need to go see Ironman 3)

Yeah I was meant to sound sarcastic :P

Alot of people on facebook are complaining about the announcment or lack of, and saying they want money back if Beyonce isnt there. I bought my ticket from Big Green Coaches and I just looked at their T&C's and they cant/wont refund the money back to people, and V said on theor Facebook that any tickets bought through eBay will be rejected. Dont know how they will do that, but that would cause alot of problems for both V and for the customers. Serves them right for only buying for the headliner :D