Rightfield

Guest bigfurbdogg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there are a fair few Right Winger at Glastonbury. I know a fair few (yes Right Wingers have friends as well ;-)). Also, to be honest even as a Right Winger I support a lot of Charities that the Festival supports. Just cause some of us believe in small government and aren't overly fond of the EU, doesn't mean we think charity is a bad thing.

So you're happy for the free market morons to buy the coffee that pays your bills whilst evading tax, but you wouldn't let the same kind of free market morons buy your website because you didn't want them to pay over the odds?

I don't really care if you do or don't stick to your principles. It's the offensive behaviour towards others because they don't sign up to principles that you can't stick to that I find beyond the pale.

So what did you mean?

One was a simple yes no decision. The other was a bit here and a bit there, and before you know it you find yourself somewhere you never wanted to be. Such is the bullshit that is life.

And even if I'd jumped along the way, I'd still end with hands dirtied by capitalist shite, because there is no opt out for all the while that the daily mail and its ilk controls most people's thinking (cos they sure as hell ain't thinking for themselves).

And what is offensive behaviour? Personally I find robbery by the already stinking rich and everything that comes with it more than just simply offence. When you delve right in its a choice to murder.

Edited by eFestivals

Can i just clarify that when i said app i mean the mobile version or whatever it is of these forums. I dont use an app which purposely blocks adverts. However i still think That it is somewhat hypocritical to have big greedy tax evading corporates advertising on this site. Why dont you try asking the many many regular users and supporters of you and this site to donate and put their money where their mouth is? Id certainly give towards it.

There is a subscribe button at the top of this page. Feel free to use it.

For your money you get to use this website free of all 3rd party advertising. :)

In summary Neil, you seem happy to make massive assumptions about me, all of which are untrue.

As musingly, you've made your own massive assumptions on my words. You've taken them at the very obvious and shallow level (I don't mean that as an insult, just to be clear) when I was putting a much deeper meaning to them.

For example, privileges and advantages are not solely gained by money.

All of these assumptions seem to be informed by your warped view of how pro-capitalists think and what drives them.

Unfortunately, you're making yourself look very silly. Have you noticed that those who were supporting you at the start of this thread are no longer doing so, because they no longer want to associate themselves with some of the stuff you are saying.

Your views are pretty extreme and you're starting to sound pretty crazy. Not to mention the fact that you don't seem to be able to put your argument forward without using childish insults.

The truth doesn't come with any guarantee of overturning your conditioning, and I don't post what I do to win popularity contests but to suggest and get those poorly neglected cogs turning.

It might even surprise you to know that I don't believe every word of what I post, just as some I've posted back to don't know what the fuck they're thinking.

But hey, one day it might all become clear. I'm just not holding my breath.

Go on then, explain how me jacking off in the bedroom has a negative effect on someone elses freedom.

Perhaps you've found something which doesn't. :)

But it gets to show just how puerile you had to get before you were able to find something which didn't impinge on others, which gets to show just how few true freedoms there actually are.

Which gets to mean that a free market is no less the impossible utopian dream than anything else ever written down.

So now you need to start building yourself a new set of beliefs based in facts and not fantasies.

Edited by eFestivals

To be fair it took an amazing amont of capital and investment to develop the Iphone (and the new stuff coming out is even more astoundly expensive as they try and fight off Samsung). The driver for ipod and iphone was the stated business objective to be the market leader in mobility hardware, including market domination. This I would hazard to guess is a smidgen capitalist in it's intent. As for HE invented it it was a huge group of people and a huge group of lawyers protecting every patent veraciously. I know our firm accidentally managed to infringe some vague statement in one of the myriad of patents and they came down on us like a ton of very heavy, lawyered up bricks. If the protection of intelectual property at the expense of innovation isn't a capitalist (Protecting markets, market power and market share from New entrants) then I think we went to different Economics lectures.

I have also worked for and with Virgin and they are great employers. I also like Richard Branson after he made 45 minutes free to me to interview him for my Business Studies A Level project. Nice Bloke from what I could tell. At least nice enough to make some time to speak to me on the strength of a single letter (incorrectly addressed as it happens but made it too his office anyway).

Was he a nice bloke when he was robbing you with a massive vat fraud?

Was he a nice bloke when he used his family legal connect ions to avoid jail and pay just a small fine, far less than he robbed?

And was he a nice bloke when he decided to pay no tax at all via evasion and avoidance?

And was he a nice bloke when he tried to get the lotto contract to steal more money from the pot than camalot do?

And despite the business advantage of tax fraud, most of his businesses are a total financial disaster.

This is the hero of the right. You get what you vote for.

why do you have to be so consistently militant and pejorative in the way you treat people you argue with? i know they're your forums and i respect you immensely for setting them up but do you have to act so aggressively?

Its called passion. I know its as bit of a weird phenomenon to younger generations, but its how the world you've been born into has come to be many of the ways it is.

Without such a passion this would still be an argument about the rights and wrongs of slavery cos the right would still have us stuck there without some better-minded passion to have pushed and fought for changes.

no, being an abusive arsehole does not count as passion, and don't be so fucking ageist and patronising.

the emotions behind calling someone a lunatic or a moron on an internet forum are not equivalent to those behind the abolition of slavery

Edited by knivesout

no, being an abusive arsehole does not count as passion, and don't be so fucking ageist and patronising.

the emotions behind calling someone a lunatic or a moron on an internet forum are not equivalent to those behind the abolition of slavery

Sorry sir, I'll tug my forelocks to my betters and do as they want me to.

Hahahahaha

Was he a nice bloke when he was robbing you with a massive vat fraud?

Was he a nice bloke when he used his family legal connect ions to avoid jail and pay just a small fine, far less than he robbed?

And was he a nice bloke when he decided to pay no tax at all via evasion and avoidance?

And was he a nice bloke when he tried to get the lotto contract to steal more money from the pot than camalot do?

And despite the business advantage of tax fraud, most of his businesses are a total financial disaster.

This is the hero of the right. You get what you vote for.