Things to Get Excited About

Guest caroldecker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arriving at the site for the first time and still not being prepared for the sheer size and vibe of the place.

Getting the tents set up and sitting down for my first drink.

Wondering around the whole site and taking everything in for the first time.

Seeing an act on the legendary Pyramid Stage.

The goosebumps I know I will have during Portishead.

Had my first dream the night i got the ticket, was just making up places in my subconscious.

N cheers caroldecker, the map eased some worries that everything would be on opposite sides of each other. I don'd mind on going on large walks but can imagine a certain person in my company wouldn't be too impressed with mile long treks. Very excited now, think this festival is gonna kill my chances of a decent degree.

Edited by caroldecker

I always get a bit emotional as i first get a glimpse of the site and when I walk in.

I agree the sound of the clanking longdrops doors is something you can only associate with GF. I love it!

I love weds and thurs, mooching around, instantly forgetting about work, switching off, stumbling across things, meeting up with old glasto friends...

I'm just excited about every bloody thing!

on another note, can we please have signs of activity at the Festival, i.e. fence and web cam - which is a really odd thing to request I know but it means solid proof for me that it's actually happening :)

I'll be getting the Vodka at the weekend for the infusions, then it'll be festival nic-nac shopping, followed by the release of the map. Then the rest of the line-up will come out, accompanied with a mock pack, a visit from my postman with out tickets... then we're off!

(At least that's what I hope will happen) :D

Opening the first beer and looking round at the sea of tents.

Atmosphere on first 2 nights when people are setting up and a Mexican "cheer" gets started on your site.

Wandering around and sitting down with booze in hand wherever you want! The variety of food available at all sorts of unorthodox times

Getting lost in the south east corner on Friday nights and taking silly photos in the random installations everywhere

Just the freedom of it!