Setlist-based Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers @Badlands, if only there were some way I could get commission!!

I've added the live acts from the Common to Glastonbury 2017; other recent changes include improving the versions of the Steve Harley and London Elektricity Big Band tracks; adding new TBCs Nick Mulvey, Sundara Karma, Lekiddo - Lord of the Lobsters, Rusty Shackle, The Man That Will Not Be Blamed...; removing the no longer SR/TBC Soulwax and Crystal Fighters; and updating selections for Royal Blood, Justice and Pond.

The West Holts lineup is now in order on the Glastonbury 2017 Spotify playlist (after the main poster, about 1/4 down). 

'Henry Wu presents The Kamaal Williams Ensemble', 2nd on the Friday, is the new band of half of recently split, critically acclaimed young British modern jazz duo Yussef Kamaal. So they're on the playlist as Yussef Kamaal, material from whose sole album they play. Anyone who enjoys Badbadnotgood or Kamasi Washington ought to check them out.

Love this playlist, it's helped me find a load of stuff I wouldn't have considered. Sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone put together anything similar for the post-headliner music? My knowledge is pretty poor but I'd love to know where I can find some music that's to my taste instead of aimlessly wandering :)

All the new Other & JP acts are on the Glastonbury 2017 playlist now, and I've started on the Park. Of course it already featured many of the new additions. As always, songs selected are those featuring most often in recent setlists, as far as poss.

Additions are at the end, I'll get them into proper running order next week.

Added William's Green to the Glastonbury 2017 playlist. Cracking lineup on there this year. Following the website order, so it's right near the bottom (9/10 down). Rather than let it lie buried down there I've also split it into its own playlist for your listening pleasure: Glastonbury 2017 - William's Green.

20 hours ago, WellyPhobic said:

This is awesome, thanks for all your hard work putting the playlist together.

Cheers WellyPhobic, you're welcome.

Thanks for the hard work, always much appreciated. Just wanted to check what stage you have/haven't covered yet. I enjoy ambling around the smaller stages so was going to see if I could mop some of these up on Spotify/youtube if I got chance this week.

Edited by Evilmonkeydan

1 hour ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Thanks for the hard work, always much appreciated. Just wanted to check what stage you have/haven't covered yet. I enjoy ambling around the smaller stages so was going to see if I could mop some of these up on Spotify/youtube if I got chance this week.

Cheers @Evilmonkeydan. Playlist starts with all the main stages, including Avalon, Acoustic, Glade and Left Field; followed by all of Silver Hayes, the Common, Shangri La (Truth & Earache Express), William's Green and a bit of Avalon Cafe. Then there are various acts only playing the smaller stages. All the live acts, but only a few of the DJs.

In recent days I've added Liam Gallagher to the Glastonbury 2017 playlist (he's been a SR for ages but it felt wrong having Oasis tracks on there) and some more Avalon Cafe acts, and updated a fair few acts based on IoW/other recent setlists - new tracks for Phoenix, Rag'n'Bone Man, Alison Moyet, Ride, and Nothing but Thieves.

Thank you @clarkete for your continuing support!!

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

In recent days I've added Liam Gallagher to the Glastonbury 2017 playlist (he's been a SR for ages but it felt wrong having Oasis tracks on there) and some more Avalon Cafe acts, and updated a fair few acts based on IoW/other recent setlists - new tracks for Phoenix, Rag'n'Bone Man, Alison Moyet, Ride, and Nothing but Thieves.

Thank you @clarkete for your continuing support!!

Thanks very much for all this BSR. I found quite a few new acts early on from your list. Unfortunately most of them clash with bands I already knew! 

This has probably been asked on here before I'm sure, but how do most of you tend to listen to the list? Random? Pick out bands you're interested in? Go to a stage and listen to that in order?

I listen almost entirely on Sonos which is new to me (it's actually my son's that I bought him then commandeered!) - is there a way to search the list on Sonos for an act or a stage?

3 hours ago, Mackem said:

This has probably been asked on here before I'm sure, but how do most of you tend to listen to the list? Random? Pick out bands you're interested in? Go to a stage and listen to that in order?

I know I couldn't listen to it all, especially in order, so I put it on shuffle.  Any new tracks I like I add to my clashfinder, although not if I've already got too many clashes.  Any I don't like I skip, those I know and like I'll often listen to a bit and then skip too.  I'm just using it as a quick chance to listen to stuff I have no idea about (which as an oldie is quite a bit).

It has caused me to add a couple of stages to my clashfinder under the customise, so that was good to broaden my perspective.

15 hours ago, Mackem said:

Thanks very much for all this BSR. I found quite a few new acts early on from your list. Unfortunately most of them clash with bands I already knew! 

You're welcome @Mackem, glad it has helped you discover some new acts, even if you can't actually fit them in!

I give everyone a listen in order when they are added, and when the stages are first in order. Then I tend to put it on shuffle, and if I like something, take it off shuffle and listen to all that act's songs, and maybe some more from the same stage. I put all my confirmed likes into a personal playlist for further exploration.