Wellie boots - Recommendations - Obviously for rocking out in the sun :)

Guest Mistress Jones

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our wellies arrived a couple of days ago so we have had a chance to try them out after taking the dog on a bit of a trek over the fields yesterday. They are extremely comfortable! Mine fit quite snugly around my calves but because the tops of them are material they are stretchy enough to be able to fit my jeans inside. Completely waterproof and the fields were pretty boggy and there was none of that 'Oh shit, my feet have gone numb' after an hour of wearing them

Expensive but worth it if I am going to have to wear them constantly for 5 days. Plus now I have forked out over £100 for both pairs (me and my husband) you can pretty much guarantee we are going to have a scorcher!

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/Pages/default.aspx

I got both of our pairs from ebay - slightly cheaper than the prices online shops were charging but not much

Bought some of the Aldi Muckboot rip-offs today for £16.99 and TBH, they're not bad. Perhaps not as comfy/cushioned or as well fitted as the real thing, but the neoprene in the sole does make them a lot more comfortable than bog standard rubber wellies. At 1/4 the price of Muckboots I think they may be just the ticket.

Generous sizing too, so room for some foam insoles and decent socks.

Argyll wellies absolutely every time.

Obviously it's going to be glorious sunshine and I'm thinking more about walking my dog ;) but can anybody recommend a good wellie?

My husband has size 15 feet so finding shoes is a bit of a nightmare for us so any larger wellie manufacturers would be appreciated.

I've just purchased a pair of ooh la la wellies and after seeing a couple of comments on here on a particular brand beginning with H I've been filled with buyer remorse. Trying to decide whether or not to send them back now.

Yes so.. now getting kit is now the next step. Welly recommendations if you please :)