Old Gits and Hags Meet 2013

Guest DaveMac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that's what you looked like - possibly the result of some bizarre experiment of a Freudian psychologist and a defrocked plastic surgeon. A bit like Human Centipede, but with tiny ladies and faces.

I did look for a likeness when choosing that avatar. Sharing similar facial features, kind of like Elvis before the bloat It's possible I'll be too easily identifiable. The appendix is the only way I could mask some features & effectively depict the affect they have on the fairer sex, not always a good thing as you can imagine, especially at a 5 day festival.

A message from DaveMac (the OP and original organiser of the "old Gits and Hags Meet") ....

"Hi Everyone, sorry I have not been able to move things along regarding 'The Old Gits and Hags Meet' but unfortunately I have been banned from the efestivals site due to my involvement with Camp Xxxxxxxx.

Anyway I hope someone else can pick up the mantle and run with it. There are enough people here showing interest and there is a huge potential for 'oldie themed' fun.

There are a few weeks left to get something up and running. Just turn up and wear a Victor Meldrew or other 'oldie' mask at the Cider Bus late Thursday afternoon and have a great night whatever!

You never know I may be in the vicinity and join in with you all ;)

Have a great Glastonbury everyone - I certainly intend to do so!

Very Best Wishes

Dave

PS Thanks to the kind person posting this that I get chance to pass the information on. :) "

Edited by archivist

Does this meet-up require much organization - or am I being naive? Surely, we turn up at an agreed time and meet. I believe the time has already been discussed and the meet starts at 5pm on Thursday; is this correct?

Obviously, forum members are not going to be the only ones at the Cider Bus on Thursday evening and so some sort of identifying sign might be a good idea. If you want to wear a Victor Meldrew mask then that will work, I'm going for a badge of my avatar. If everybody wears mask, efest t-shirt or a badge: efests symbol, avatar, OG&H scrawled in felt pen, whatever. Soon the individual little meets will draw people in with their own social gravity; eventually all coalescing.

I suppose there is then the post-meet shenanigans to sort, but we can do that on the day.

I appreciate that some people feel the need to join clubs and have membership rosters and suchlike, but I'm not one of them and if that's what this meet-up turns into I think I'd rather be elsewhere.

That's good, but not really a requirement - I think I've been a funless killjoy since I was a teenager, where as many of my similarly aged friends are quite happy souls.

I don't believe there's any requirements to be honest - if you are the sort of young person who wants to hang out with us ancients then you are the sort of young person who should hang out with ancients. Just don't fret if your friends take the Mumford..

the Victor Meldrews looked so funny last time all in one place, if you all wear different masks, will it kind of lose the humor?

As for masks, been looking into soome options... Paul Danials, Uncle Albert, Dot Cotton, Hilda Odgan, Rita from Corrie all taking my fancy at the moment.