Big tents thread

Guest LOCHLAND5

That's a decent offer Mick, I've got the outwell Montana which is the one up from that, good quality tents that can withstand a lot of weather. Only trouble is they might be a bit too good to take to a festival

Lochlands has a HH of 1500, hmmmm, wouldn't fancy me chances of any dry clothes if it lashed down at a festival and I had that one !

If you want an easy to set up tent that's a little bit spacious and decent quality then this one seems ok

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/gelert-lakesbury-5-man-tent-783100

If you want an easy to set up festival tent that's big enough to stand in and cheap then this ones ok, doesnt give a hh rating but lichfield is the budget brand for vango so shouldnt be too grim, my lichfield survived 3 rainy glastonburys !

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/lichfield-arisaig-5-man-tent-783229

Edited by ramragon

agree with the little camping stove in the black case, cooked a few easy and very filling meals last year (using small pans from the £1 shop) and more importantly for morning coffee. We did forget our tin opener which was eventful! wont be forgeting that again.

Thinking of getting a canopy this year to extend our tent out a bit, and maybe a windbreak (they seem to go hand in hand)....oh and I also want a table (pref from a car booty)., and was wondering what 'bog in a bag' is like too, they seem really compact compared to the bucket type loo.

You can tell we just started out last year so 'see how it went', I'm talking flags and all sorts this year....all for the kids benefit of course hee hee.

Took a few usefull things last year

After years of being disappointed with waste of time disposable bbqs that you'll be lucky if you can cook 2 burgers on I decided to buy a flat pack metal bbq and some quick lighting charcoal bags. So easy to use and stayed hot enough to cook on for hours, I even loaned it to the people next to us once we'd eaten. Only cost £15 and when folded down the box was a couple of centimentres thick.

Other decent thing I took were a few decent sized chilled boxes, I saved up 6 empty 2 litre milk cartons, washed em out and filled them with water and froze them. I used them in the chill boxes and they kept bacon, chicken, bbq stuff and beer cold even until Monday morning from the Thursday. Ice cold beers and ciders all festival, a blessing ! When I chucked the milk cartons away Monday afternoon there were still ice in the middle of them