NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

I have bought a couple of cheap motherboards in the past and will never do so again. I don't mind buying cheap components for my PC, but I always spend a little extra on the motherboard for something better.

I always used to buy EPoX motherboards but they went bust. Asus boards are very good these days.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at getting some cheaper games that aren't classic but I wouldn't have considered paying full price for. They're all in the £10-15 range.

Lollipop Chainsaw (don't have any 3rd person Hack and Slash games), Syndicate (a travesty in terms of the IP but a gory shooter travesty), Binary Domain (squad based cover shooter), and Kingdoms of Amalur (open world action RPG).

Once I sort my bank account out to the tune of £30 I'll get a couple, then a couple more in a month or two. Wouldn't dream of paying more than £15 for any of them.

Any experiences with any of them welcome.

After much to ing and fro ing Borderlands 2 is installed on my hard drive and is most likely the only disc game I'll be able to play until my new Xbox arrives next week.

So it's a good job it's fucking awesome then. And I'm at the start playing on my own with shit guns. Just wait until i get my hands on a mother fucking corrosive shotgun.

Anybody else itching to get their thumbs on Dishonored ?

I have a Skyrim void to fill. At least until the PS3 DLC comes out......*tumbleweed*

Quite shocked at the brutality of a couple of trailers. Some interesting play mechanics too.

Yeah I'm looking forward to dishonoured.

Actually found myself with some disposable cash this month and have picked up Saints Row 3, Fifa 13 and Rocksmith. Pretty impressed by the latter so far, as someone who owns a guitar and never learned to play, it's pretty handy. More of a learning tool than a game though.

Saw a few pictures of dishonoured a while ago and thought it looked cool, but didn't know much about it. Just looked up some videos on YouTube and it looks very very cool. It looks like a steampunk version of Deus Ex B)

Looks like I bought a new xbox just in time for this. However... Must. finish. mass. effect. 3.

Jesus, check out the pre-order bullshit for Dishonoured

http://www.eurogamer...onuses-revealed

Any game with mad pre-order "exclusives" (they're usually time-limited exclusives) I wait for 3 months, by then they're packaged as DLC and the game is cheaper.

It's already looking like Dishonoured can wait till later for a Game of the Year edition when those and the DLC that will doubtless be released is packaged on to one disc.

Edited by Spartacus Mars

Ive started using my PS3 now.

Picked up Soul Calibur 4 today for £6 at CEX

Didn't grab Dead Island at the weekend as Game and Gamestation have put it up to £19.99 instore even though ts still £14.99 on their website and play, etc. So I'll wait a bit. Even HMV were only charging £18 instore and Game wonder why they're going out of business.

Bet they sold hardly any FIFA this weekend when Sainsburys were doing it £35, everywhere else was £38-40 yet they wanted £43. They're idiots and they deserve to go out of business, I just feel sorry for the staff working there.

Any game with mad pre-order "exclusives" (they're usually time-limited exclusives) I wait for 3 months, by then they're packaged as DLC and the game is cheaper.

It's already looking like Dishonoured can wait till later for a Game of the Year edition when those and the DLC that will doubtless be released is packaged on to one disc.

This.

I am kind of looking forward to Dishonored. But it does look like a game which will crash dramatically in price, although do they still do GOTY editions? Havent seen one in a while.

Borderlands 2 is keeping me occupied at the moment, when I'm not working. It's a genuinely great game. Got my interest in the Xbox reinvigorated. I'll pick up Street Fighter X Tekken when my new Xbox arrives (Borderlands 2 I somehow managed to write to the hard drive, but getting it to play can sometimes be a battle), and I'll cave in and get Arkham City, Halo Anniversary, and UFC 3 as well. I'd like to get Mortal Kombat, and get around to playing the Mass Effect Trilogy, but realistically it's probably not going to happen.

So yeah... Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs when the prices come down. And the nex Xbox arrives.

You haven't seen many new GOTY editions because it's ending the end of a year. Dead Island got a GOTY edition based on one obscure internet-only GOTY (GameCritics.com).

Fallout 3 got a GOTY. New Vegas etc get the DLC bundled in the likes of an "Ultimate" edition.

Basically if you wait long enough the DLC will come out for it fully bundled.

Feck it then. Going to pick up Borderlands2 today. Dishonoured will need to wait. Forgot about pre-order stuff. Strange.

Never played the first one. Hope its a decent 1up experience? Anyway sounds like its up my street, exploration + guns with a dod of RPG.

Missus will not be happy that I have turned up WITHOUT REvil6 ....... (the only game/series she will play on PS3/PC apart from tetrissy/bubble bobble shite! )

Ok. BD2 + cheap bottle of vino. Job jobbed.