Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you`d like it - if you enjoy a bit of the Johnny Cash type tunes. Noticed one of his songs " Lightning Bolt " was getting played quite alot in the stadium and on the BBC during the olympics ( mostly at the mens who`s the fastest runner events ). Hope he was on the royalties.

still on the kasabian debate, i dont know what theyd add in terms of selling tickets quicker, the festival sells out every year anyways and seemingly each year quicker than the last. Apart from the status symbol of booking them and being able to brag that theyd booked kasabian to play their festival.

Kendal Calling has a pretty captive audience in so much as there is very little else in the way of competition in the area, and for the kids and locals in the area its a cheaper way to experience a festival with little travel. Seemingly the only other highlight in the area is lobbing rubbish over jonnys wall.

Deacon Blue would be an excellent choice, great back catalogue, saw them the other year headlining the acoustic stage at glastonbury and thought they were good, sang along to loads ! If wickerman doesnt book em then theyd be a great addition to the card

Edited by ramragon

I still think the organisers are more driven by providing a quality festival than making a massive amount of money...lets be honest, if they came out and said they were gonna drop a couple of stages for 2013, 95% of us would still buy tickets. They didn't need to add the Woodland and Tim Peaks this year, that would have saved a wedge no doubt.

Think we basically get a massive amount of choice for a very decent price.

Personally, I'd dump 2 stages and get a bit more security in the campsites with the savings.

Having said that, the option of chucking rubbish over Lakeland's wall sounds attractive...when do the tickets go on sale??

it could help him out in these recession filled times, a pallet yard and recycling plant all rolled in to one, i can imagine it now, his bitter resentment brought on from his late 80's rave scene would drive him to employ a couple of minimum wage over the border students for him to abuse. Their uniform consisting of his often mentioned love of the ginger wigs and cloth caps as well as a nissan style morning warm up, consisting of the daily donald wheres your troosers song and dance routine before their shift.

The dance tent, because dance music attracts dickheads like lights attract moths (although I read somewhere its actually the darkness behind the light they're attracted by), and probably the 'Riot Jazz' purely its got the word 'Jazz' in the title...and as we all know, Jazz is utter, utter ballsweat

im pleased ur making that quote from down birmingham way, if jonny had suggested doing away with the locals beloved dance tent then his woodshed would be up in flames by now, with a dumped 80's ghetto blaster in the enterance playing firestarter on repeat play.

i cant ever imagine the dance tent jogging on, however if it did the security budget could probably afford the military declaring martial law over the weekend and a late night kerfew of 11pm.

im within a couple of hours arson visit from the locals so theres no way im backing your proposal this time.

however if it did go ahead id like to witness the backlash on that one, it would make the no cars next to tents uproar pale in to comparison

Edited by Flaminglippy

i wish i had bought a ticket for solfest now, wor lass and the bairn have nicked off to scotland with her parents leaving me with mammoth amounts of decorating, stripping walls, papering, painting, the works.

suddenly an adam ant headline slot doesnt appear too bad !

i am doing it the blokey way tho, newcastle match on the radio, crate of strongbow in the fridge an a cold one in my hand, paintbrush in the other and the indian menu on the kitchen bench

stressfull !

do i go for dupiaza or madras !

It would be funny though...stop people moaning about the bloody toilets for 5 minutes.

I can't believe I've actually met somebody whos got a woodshed whos neither Amish nor been beemed into the present from the 17th century...happy days...

Speaking of which was going to add the Happy Mondays to my list, but realised its getting close to the point at which it could be called 'a list of all the bands that exist'

Think everyones had a bank holiday weekend off Jacko, except me who seems to have been slaving away decorating !

yeah they sound pretty good, i wouldnt mind seeing band of horses appear on the list somewhere as well, plenty of catchy tunes with them and a decent back catalogue. Grizzly Bear have a new album out as well soon as well as a tour and whenever ive caught them before ive been impressed.

Went to see Grandaddy last night and it was as though the last six years had just melted away:) They were just in magic form and clearly having a ball has made my year:) support act were epically bad tho White Star Liners and sadly just like the band on the Titanic they just kept on playing....

Ey up all, anyone ever had one of the TIPIS before?

Looking to go with about 8 of us and just enjoy a few more comforts (soft i know) Are these any good?

Are they in the emperors?

Never used one before so no idea what they're like, they're in a field of their own next to the emperors, or at least they were last year !

Cheers

Jacko