Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two suggestions for the mix after doing Moseley Folk Festival...a not shit Mumford and Sons alike band called 'Goodnight Lenin'...and, I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to say this, Julian Cope was phenomenal...would fit in so well at Kendal...great music, lots of banter, proper entertaining.

didnt even know Julian Cope was still doing the rounds ! Havent got the fondest memories of his stuff but im sure somewhere in the loft i have a few of his singles, If nobody else was playing i wanted to see i might have checked him out, otherwise id probably be elsewhere if he played. Maybes its because the name is just lost in time to me and other than world shut your mouth and a bit of teardrop explodes i dont know much of his stuff

didnt even know Julian Cope was still doing the rounds ! Havent got the fondest memories of his stuff but im sure somewhere in the loft i have a few of his singles, If nobody else was playing i wanted to see i might have checked him out, otherwise id probably be elsewhere if he played. Maybes its because the name is just lost in time to me and other than world shut your mouth and a bit of teardrop explodes i dont know much of his stuff

Went to Bingley Live at the weekend....

Jake Bugg - Absolutely fantastic, really really into this lad and got a huge crowd.

White Lies - Highlight for me, just a brilliant band, would love them at KC

Pigeon Detectives - The usual solid set from the lads, great entertainers.

Hard - Fi - Hmmm didnt do much for me, they arent the greatest ive heard live.

Maverick Sabre - Not usually my cup of tea, but he was brilliant. Such a voice!

Yeah I can see Jake bugg getting bigger by the year, probably a bit of a niche audience more than mainstream tho. Going to see him in a small venue in a few months , should b good. Enjoyed the energetic pig. Detectives set the few times I've seen em. The crowds usually going as mental as the band !

Did you catch razorlight Jacko ? Sure that's the festival they were playing. did the hat make an appearance !

Razorlight-006.jpg

how the mighty have fallen !

Edited by ramragon

I love these! Want to get a couple for the garden but need to get rid of the pissing tree first...bloody thing is enormous! (PS by 'pissing tree' I mean its annoying, its not what I use it for...I love festivals but draw the line at trying to recreate the experience by pretending I can't find a toilet and going au naturale...plus don't think the neighbours would be happy)

Edited by ramragon

I love these! Want to get a couple for the garden but need to get rid of the pissing tree first...bloody thing is enormous! (PS by 'pissing tree' I mean its annoying, its not what I use it for...I love festivals but draw the line at trying to recreate the experience by pretending I can't find a toilet and going au naturale...plus don't think the neighbours would be happy)

Ok let's get back on topic , I read a review the other day of this years KC it said maximo were shite, but it said the hot pots were great ! Cough the hot pots are shit .

I hope KC gets its own forum on here that we can start topics on, my first topic will be .

Who thinks the hot pots are pooooo !

We could have a vote!

Where's Mickl at these days ?

thought maximo would have been better than they actually were, i wouldnt say i disliked the set but it wasnt as good as i thought it might have been.

i sat at the tent in the emperors having a bbq when the hotpots were playing, i could hear the set, not really my sort of music but they seemed to get a decent reaction.

think mick got kidnapped by oxfam groupies at leeds and smuggled out the country !

Ok let's get back on topic , I read a review the other day of this years KC it said maximo were shite, but it said the hot pots were great ! Cough the hot pots are shit .

I hope KC gets its own forum on here that we can start topics on, my first topic will be .

Who thinks the hot pots are pooooo !

We could have a vote!

Where's Mickl at these days ?

hey guys

not been on since KC - but what a great fest.

highlights for me were Nick Heywood who stood above all others, Sound of Guns, Jollyboat, Hotpots (i'm afraid) and Feeder

Disappointed with Maximo and missed james as little one had had enough by then !

Next year for me

hoepfully any of these

Kassidy

Magic Numbers

Brothers & Bones

The Alarm

Knife Party

Wonder Stuff

Pigeon Detectives

Basement Jaxx

and what about Kaiser Chiefs as a headline ?

some decent choices there mate and then the kaiser chiefs !

only joking to a certain extent, im sure if the kaisers headlined theyd put on a decent show, i liked the first album but fell out of favour with them by the time the 2nd one was released. I can see the draw of them but im afraid from a personal point of view id be at another stage if they played !