T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

Newcastle to Edinburgh is 1.5 hours on a train. You can get off at Waveley station, and walk 5 mins to the bus station and get a shuttle bus direct to T in the Park. That is a piece of piss and you avoid the worst of the traffic because the bus gets the priority routes to the festival.

As for value for money I disagree with you. I looked at the lineup and saw maybe 5 bands, none of which were "must see". In previous years like 2011 I had about 15 though of bands like Foo Fighters, Weezer, Manics, etc who you would pay £30+ each to see.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it on bbc I player, €20 for wifi for fortnight at my hotel....looked pish...

I'm a lot older than you, my life can't be about only festivals hahaha...

The dumbing down of the masses continues.. I was really disappointed with all the acts, including the monkeys, maybe they lost something not being there...

I hope you enjoyed it.

Weather for T is looking promising

I'm kind of in the same boat.

This will be my 12th T, but I'm going to try get tickets for Glastonbury next year.

What has always put me off is the size of the place. At T iftwo bands are clashing, you can see a bit of both usually as the stages aren't that far apart. I've always had the impression that at glastonbury, you'd maybe have to pick a stage and sit there all day.

Is that right, or is the distance between stages not as bad as it looks on maps?

Oh, I was on to say that the Arcadia " rig " is something else. Saw fat boy slim on it after the Rolling Stones. Incredible spectacle so hopefully will bring something to T after the main stages close. One thing to bear in mind. You`ve got to get pretty close or the sound is shit. Not sure if they have volume restrictions but if you wander round after it has started and it is already rammed then you will see lots of fire and lasers but you will hear feck all.

Oh, I was on to say that the Arcadia " rig " is something else. Saw fat boy slim on it after the Rolling Stones. Incredible spectacle so hopefully will bring something to T after the main stages close.

Yeah, I was talking about Glasto and i'm convinced that I wan't to try it, just need to convince others now. A festival aproad is also in the plans.

Long term weather forcast for the whole country is good, I just hope its reliable.

In terms of value for money, I guess it depends on how many bands you want to see. There are loads of bands I would pay to see. They easily add up to £300. Add to this the bands I want to see but probably woudn't buy tickets and also the stunning camping factilities, I think it's worth it.