SONISPHERE(KNEBWORTH) 2012 CANCELLED!

Guest Go_Go_Tonymon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is though would download be able to afford an extra day with no extra cost. After all it will just be eating into their profits by laying in more bands. Maybe they could throw a few bands on on the Thursday, even charge £10 each for an extra day which only has three bands.

Or they could get a shed load of the smaller bands to play.

I've said on the Soni boards that I've heard a one day event is happening on Sunday 24th June, the day after RHCP, no idea of any details. Just heard it as I'm local to Knebworth. Will have to see how this pans out - they could move some bands to a one day event instead?

They could put on a smaller thing on the Thursday. 3 or 4 acts that wouldn't cost the world but would be good PR.

But Download really don't need to do this at all. I know Rock AM Ring added a fourth day for Kiss the other year but it was them and one support, and a one off.

I can't imagine DL doing this at all [big act] maybe smaller acts but I doubt it.

I just hope we get Hundred Reasons now

"We communicate that the Italian edition of Sonisphere 2012 will not take place. A combination of dates already fixed, economic problems and a little bit of luck addition has prevented us from putting together a festival. Thank you for your support and we will do everything possible to return it as soon as possible. Warm greetings from Sonisphere Team"

​I hope we get a bit more explanation.

On Knebworth Soni fb

Knebworth Sonisphere

Alright already!! Queen have pulled out of this years event due to management issues (A.L) the headliner will be replaced by a similar band of classic awesomeness and mind funking brutality and will be announced tomorrow. You will NOT be disappointed.....So, Shine on you crazy rock fans.......

On Knebworth Soni fb

Knebworth Sonisphere

Alright already!! Queen have pulled out of this years event due to management issues (A.L) the headliner will be replaced by a similar band of classic awesomeness and mind funking brutality and will be announced tomorrow. You will NOT be disappointed.....So, Shine on you crazy rock fans.......

Maiden are touring in the US over Soni this year - although seemingly being a regular means nothing, look at Metallica, toured extensively done more festivals than maiden of late but are still a big draw despite people whinging about repeats :P

Going by Maiden's touring cycle and stuff that had been thrown around by the same source that leaked Queen and FNM back in December, Iron Maiden were set to headline next year for most of the Sonispheres across Europe, continuing their usual touring cycle of doing the US first then Europe, and it's a classics setlist tour as well. Although that's obviously up in the air now what with Sonisphere potentially not happening, though Maiden would put them in a decent place to sort it out next year I'd imagine.

Maiden are touring in the US over Soni this year - although seemingly being a regular means nothing, look at Metallica, toured extensively done more festivals than maiden of late but are still a big draw despite people whinging about repeats :P

Going by Maiden's touring cycle and stuff that had been thrown around by the same source that leaked Queen and FNM back in December, Iron Maiden were set to headline next year for most of the Sonispheres across Europe, continuing their usual touring cycle of doing the US first then Europe, and it's a classics setlist tour as well. Although that's obviously up in the air now what with Sonisphere potentially not happening, though Maiden would put them in a decent place to sort it out next year I'd imagine.

Edited by t8yman

Ok but i said "no Glasto" as in it's not happening.

Back on topic Neil's news can't just be "Soni cancelled" because everyone worked that out before he posted that and Andy Copping tweet suggests Download may have benefitted from Soni's demise in some way so i think it has to be something to do with that.

Sherlock ;)

No shit Sherlock.

:lol: