Rock En Seine

PM2010

i can, but I won't see you later and forget about your dime...it's been spent! :)

yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, friday and saturday both have sort of a double headliner thing going on (although one of them could as well be a smaller stage headliner...) but sunday's still lacking something similar. I also thought that wednesday would be the day of the complete lineup as i could be sure i read it somewhere (newsletter i.e.) but only 6 bands were announced so if we're lucky we'll be getting one last "big" name.

give yourself at least a good one and a quarter hours (maybe even 1 1/2 hours). you'll have to get from the festival site to one of the large stations (gare du nord or gare de l'est) that's about 20-30 mins. if i remember correctly, and from there on it's at least 3/4 of an hour (if not an hour) with the RER train.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in thinking Sunday is due a 2nd headliner?

Franz + B&S

NIN + Phoenix

SOAD + ?

I certainly wouldn't treat Franz+B&S as a headliner combo, especially compared to Phoenix+NIN. B&S could indeed be a smaller stage headliner, whereas Phoenix and NIN are both main stage for sure.

I'm guessing that the festival aims at just one headliner a day, but that they had the opportunity to book both NIN and Phoenix, and that they wouldn't let that pass.

Edited by Dietediet

that won't be a problem from the metro station over the bridge to the entrance, thats all paved.

you then go through a small, wide tunnel, and up to the main entrance. If I remember correctly, that should also be ok and all still paved.

as of then its grass and gravel but don't worry the campsite entrance is located right after the main entrance, 50 yards or so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've bought a ticket which has someone's name on it. (girl's name)

And now I want to use it for someone else. (who is not a girl - so the name might look funny).

It says on the tickets that they can ask you for ID, and I was just wondering if they actually will do ID checks for every 3 day ticket (no camping) as each person enters the venue. It seems time consuming. Do you think this is ok?

It is an internet ticket, so it has a name on it.

Not sure the printed tickets are the same

mmmm, I would say that you shouldn't have any problems. I bought two internet tickets as well and my name is on both of them.
though it says "acheteur" above the name which means "buyer" - so it shouldn't be a "declaration" of personalisation, rather just an info maybe.
I wouldn't be to concerned.

• 5 months later...

oh don't worry, you have enough time. they don't sell out fast. Think you were able to still get them in July last year...don't remember it actually selling out but I could be wrong there, not sure.

P.S. love the top 10 concert signature: biffy and blur here, muse and the flaming lps there, a little NIN and marilyn manson in the middle and then looking closer, hidden amongst them all... Katy Perry and MCR :)

Edited by Operator

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'll be travelling from Argentina to the festival!!! And almost only for for the Arctic Monekys (and QOTSA), so I'm not sure to buy the 3-day pass. Is there any risk to wait for the 1-day tickets to get to sale? Do you know when these are usually are set out for sale?

By the way, I'll be travelling alone and don't have any acquaintances in Paris, so anyone that will attend and would like to join me, feel free to contact me!!

Thanks!!!

Hi, wow, first off: have a nice trip!

there are always 1 day tickets on sale, these are part of their ticket selling scheme and has always been, so you do not need to worry about missing out. you will definitely be able to get a 1 day ticket.
but: I would recommend getting the three day pass, as it costs as much as two one day tickets and the festival grounds are a great place to hang out with s lots of food stalls with food from around the world, not just the standard, normal stuff, enough green bits to sit or lie down. There are lots of trees so if it's too hot you can easily sit in the shade and it's quite international now so it's easy to get to know people from everywhere.
and it's only about 10-15 mins or so by metro to the eiffel tower and other touristy bits of paris. you are able to walk round the city and enjoy a lot of the festival without missing anything. I've done so a couple of times now and it's always been convenient.

don't forget to visit jim morrison at the pere lachaise cemetery while you're there!

Hi everyone, really considering this festival this year based on the early acts announced and the decent price of tickets etc.

Having read a few of the messages on this forum, I'm a bit worried about how quickly the camping tickets sell out. The Eurostar prices went on sale this morning and the cheap tickets are already nearly gone so I know I'm going to have to get sorted pretty sharpish.

The only problem for our group is that some people want to hold out until they see the line-ups of some of the other festivals around that time of year - in particular Pukkelpop which usually announces around mid-March.

I'm thinking that it will be too late for booking Rock en Seine by then so if anyone who has been before could give me some info that may be able to persuade my mates that this is the festival for us then that would be really helpful!

camping tix: yep, they are limited and you should make up your mind a little quicker about that one.
festival tix: I wouldn't worry about them. you'll probably be able to order them until june/july.

persuasion...hmmm. never been to pukkelpop only heard from a mate that it's great as well.
rock en seine's amazing, weekend in paris and a festival, what more do you need. it's international, meaning crowd and food are from everywhere, grounds are great, never had any trouble with anyone be it a security guy or punter. merch is cheap and always look good.
their are supermarkets within walking distance...
unfortunately I'd say you can't do anything with both festivals concerning the lineup. rock en seine sometimes has a not-so-strong year but I#d have rather gone this year than last and there are still quite a lot of bands to be announced.