Rock En Seine

PM2010

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been a few years before including last year and have decided defo gonna go just depends on now if can get half day at work on Friday as live 2 hrs via TGV from Paris and also half day Monday.

So either go for the wend or go for the Sat and Sun

Edited by Stretchryan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I will be an exchange student in the Netherlands, specifically Maastricht, and I plan to go to Rock en Seine. Problem is, I want to stay to the end of Lana del Rey which looks like late Sunday night since I believe she is headlining. I start my intro week at Maastricht on 25 August (next day) and I am unsure of what time the class starts so I need to make sure I make it back to Maastricht very late at night/early morning. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can travel from Paris-Maastricht late at night? The trains I have looked up are not giving me much info. Or if anyone is heading this way I can catch a ride with and I could pay you please contact me. I have already got my ticket and just want to ensure I can make it back to Maastricht in time. Thank you!

Best,

Amber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

been searching for an answer on the alcohol-campsite topic the whole day...cannot find anything. I'd say it's probably allowed on the campsite but not in the arenas, officially.

Can remember that last year, security was stricter than in previous years. you were allowed to take in a small bottle of water but they took the cap off!?

Was class festival not sure if the increased the capacity but was some q for toilets at it.

Thank feck had a press pass and could avail of those.

Portishead and St Vincent been my highlights. Very disappointed with QOTSA set maybe i was just too tired but just could get into them.

Portishead and St Vincent been my highlights. Very disappointed with QOTSA set maybe i was just too tired but just could get into them.

Other way round for me - loved Queens, but probably as i was in the mix near the front. Struggled with Portishead, but probably as i was further back in the trees on the right feeling a bit knackered.

Quite impressed with Rock en Seine overall. Didn't camp so not sure what it was like there and by the look of the crowds leaving at the end of each evening most people treated it as a series of one day outside gigs like the ones in Hyde park.

Very little litter compared to most English festivals, 5.50 Euro for a beer + 1.00 Euro deposit for quite a substantial plastic souvenier glass. To some people 5.50 may seem alot, but compared to 9.00 Euros a pint in the other bars we went to out of the festival it was a bit of a bargain.

As with many european festivals when one stage finished another started, so if you wanted you could leg it from one to another although as it got busier in the evening this became a bit more difficult, hence unfortuantely we didn't manage to see Royal Blood although we did see a bit of Die Antwoord who i'd never heard of before, but were very exitable to say the least

Really enjoyed Janelle Monae, Tinawarien, QOTSA. Found Arctic Monkeys a bit plodding apart from their older stuff and The Prodigy were as they always are great fun and very lively, but basically the same as they have been for the last 20 years - Lots of Maxim shouting about his 'Warriors' and his 'Paris People' and Keith running around swearing and sweating. The Hives were of course The Hives and Blondie played a pleasant little set amongst the showers and subsequent rainbows.

Sort of enjoyed Portishead, but we were a bit far back really needed something a bit more lively and lite. I would however definitely see them again at an indoor gig.

Worked well for us staying at a hotel about five minutes walk from the festival and a couple of minutes from the metro which took us into centre of Paris in about 15 minutes.

If you want a full on festival experience like Glasto or Boomtown you would be dissapointed, but as part of a week end in Paris i can't really fault it.

Edited by tjamest

Same here, excellent festival again, camped there for the 2nd time. never seen a festival campsite like it. maybe a bit too quiet and tidy.
personal highlight way lana del rey actually, blew my mind. gary clark jr. was amazing as well as fat white family, the last bit of to kill a king and of course all headliners, although arctic monkeys were a bit "we're here, we're playing and yeah that's it really". but I can understand, had reading and leeds on sat and sun to play. prodigy was great again but I agree, a bit too much warrior and paris people and prodigy people banter.

• 2 weeks later...

We went this year and stayed in a hotel. Food was great, festival site lovely and super clean - was fab, more festivals should do the solid beer glasses and charge for them. Agree re arctics, they were a bit full of themselves and dull. The bands we enjoyed most was Cage the Elephant, Queens of the Stone Age, Tinariwen, Hives of course, Velvet veins, to kill a king was a pleasant surprise.

Prodigy was insane, some of our lot went in front and said the moshpit was truly unpleasant, 2 people lost their phones, one came away with a massive bloodsmear (someone else's) down his back and it was generally too wild.Everyone was walking around after the gig in the moshpit trying to find their lost gadgets.

The rest was a little bah humbug.

They seriously need to sort the loo situation though, nowhere near enough and the queues were ridiculous.

Would i go again? staying in a hotel was nice but a bit strange, took away from festival experience. With a decent line-up, maybe.

• 2 months later...

The metro will still be running at that time

Metro definitely running, but the station looked pretty damm packed when we went past it to our hotel which was the Kyriad Prestige Bolougne Ouest only about two minutes from the metro and perfectly acceptable in a Holiday Inn Express kind of way. If memory served It was about 75 Euros a night in Breakfast. Would recommend.

There's an announcement next Tuesday. Doesn't seem to be many rumours but I guess Metallica are in the running.

Anyone who stayed in a hotel last year, the Metro runs after the headliners finish doesn't it?

That announcement turned out to be the announcement of ticket prices and sales. First act announcement in February it seems.