The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

Irony is alive & well & living in Bristol.

The irony belongs to the Scottish Greens - who've only come up with this new formula after previously voting thru the cuts they say they won't vote for now.

Facts is facts.

And whatever happened to your SNP lurve? Is it dead now, cos you've woken up 4 years later than the smart guys?

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The irony belongs to the Scottish Greens - who've only come up with this new formula after previously voting thru the cuts they say they won't vote for now.

Facts is facts.

And whatever happened to your SNP lurve? Is it dead now, cos you've woken up 4 years later than the smart guys?

When did they vote through these cuts, Neil?

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

who gave the SNP enough votes if it wasn't the Greens...?

The greens did last year but only by the SNP increasing funding to councils by £160m. (I think the number is right ...I'm going from memory)

This year they have made clear they want a real terms interest in council funding.

In previous years the SNP didn't need green votes to get their budget passed.

So, I ask again, "when did they vote through these cuts, Neil?"

In other business I only mention my green vote to balance you only mentioning my SNP one.

OK?

:)

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

were there cuts, or weren't there?

I'd imagine every budget everywhere contains some cuts. But that's not what you were talking about, is it?

There's only one right answer.

When you change the question.

Why are you scared of admitting the truth? :lol:

Lol indeed.

The truth is that the cuts you have been banging on about were cuts to council funding.

And the truth is that you lied about the greens voting in favour of these cuts.

The truth is they did the exact opposite.

The truth is you tried to wriggle out of your lie by saying they must have voted at some time for cutting something. 

(oh, you're a nat, you don't do truth, it's against nat rules).

I'm not the one who made up a story about the greens voting for cuts.

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

And the truth is that you lied about the greens voting in favour of these cuts.

I don't think I've ever made that claim, have I? :blink:

I know I've pointed out that YOU've voted for cuts while willy-waving the Greens at me to pretend you haven't.

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm not the one who made up a story about the greens voting for cuts.

My point has been about the SNP making cuts that they didn't have to make (while you were crowing about how Scots were happy to pay more), and you deciding that those cuts are a good thing as they make a self-financing indy-Scotland more do-able in real terms.

The SNP have stopped making cuts (in total) with the last budget (tho a remarkably tiny increase). I know that already. But that's nothing particularly outstanding as even tory voters (around the UK) are now in favour of higher taxes to fund essential services (which isn't what the SNP have raised taxes to do, particularly).

But anyway. Indy is dead. It's now all about getting the best out of the UK set-up, where it's all pretty easy with a high per-head premium over the UK average. Scotland should boom. :)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think I've ever made that claim, have I? :blink:

Three key tests our MSPs have made up AFTER previously voting to support these Budget cuts just like a tory

On 1/17/2018 at 1:07 AM, LJS said:

Ahh, I remember the days when Russy used to keep us informed of the latest oil price.

For some reason, he doesn't do that anymore.

Hey Neil, please note before you go on your customary rant that I am aware that this price rise will not generate massive tax revenues under the current fiscal regime. It may well safeguard jobs though which is the main benefit of north sea (&Atlantic) oil to the Scottish economy.

Of course, we are all agreed that it would be much better if we all left the black stuff in the ground. As far as I can see no oil producing country is considering that option.

The only oil producing country that ever comes in for criticism from Neil for this is Scotland, which is also the only oil producing country that doesn't have the power to stop production. 

I wonder why that is.

$70? But I thought Salmond assured all the indy voting drones that it would never fall below $110? 

8 hours ago, russycarps said:

$70? But I thought Salmond assured all the indy voting drones that it would never fall below $110? 

Yeah, it's kind of hard to predict. Although you were confident enough to predict it was going to stay very low for a long time.

Good job I didn't believe either Alec's or your predictions.

14 hours ago, LJS said:

Yeah, it's kind of hard to predict. Although you were confident enough to predict it was going to stay very low for a long time.

Good job I didn't believe either Alec's or your predictions.

But $70 is catastrophically low for the SNPs laughable plans. Just imagine if indy had won based on those fantasy economics......a chilling thought I'm sure you'd agree.

Even wee nicola krankie admits Scotland's finances are utterly fucked!

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

But $70 is catastrophically low for the SNPs laughable plans. Just imagine if indy had won based on those fantasy economics......a chilling thought I'm sure you'd agree.

Even wee nicola krankie admits Scotland's finances are utterly fucked!

I don't know who you're talking about.

Oh, look!

The Scottish budget has passed its first parliamentary hurdle after winning the support of the Greens.

Finance Secretary Derek Mackay had been in negotiations with opposition leaders to find backing for the plans he first outlined in December.

A deal was reached on Wednesday after the Greens won an additional £170m for local councils.

And public sector pay rises will now apply to 75% of workers rather than the 51% that was originally proposed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-42876065

29 minutes ago, LJS said:

A deal was reached on Wednesday after the Greens won an additional £170m for local councils.

just asking, but at who's/what's expense?

Cos if there weren't extra revenue raising measures, the money will have come from something else.

And the article doesn't say (apart from about an extra £55m raised).

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just asking, but at who's/what's expense?

Cos if there weren't extra revenue raising measures, the money will have come from something else.

And the article doesn't say (apart from about an extra £55m raised).

I'm pretty sure this will not have come as a surprise to Derek McKay and I have no doubt he will already have set that money aside for this very purpose. So other than the truth that money spent in one place can't be spent in another, it is at no ones expense.

Given your long standing criticism of the SNP underfunding local government, I assumed you would welcome it.

12 hours ago, LJS said:

I have no doubt he will already have set that money aside for this very purpose.

Really? He wrote a budget but didn't allocate all the money? :blink::wacko:

But even if he did that, the initial unallocated money would still have had to come at the expense of something else, because there used to be no unallocated money.

12 hours ago, LJS said:

So other than the truth that money spent in one place can't be spent in another, it is at no ones expense.

the first part proves the second part wrong. :lol:

12 hours ago, LJS said:

Given your long standing criticism of the SNP underfunding local government, I assumed you would welcome it.

robbing Peter to pay Paul is not to society's overall benefit. :rolleyes:

Which is precisely why I asked where the money had come from.

And rather than cheering something which you've clearly failed to understand, it would be much better if you put away mindless cheering and learnt how to scrutinise, rather than be a mindless mug who laps it up.

Get back to me when you know if your cheering has been stupidity or smart. :)