• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest manc_al

So.....

- Emperors tickets have increased in price by 150 %

- you can no longer camp next to your car

- you no longer have a seperate entrance into the arena

Brilliant! Makes sense to me

Aye just one the entrance into the arena this year due to its new location - as someone mentioned earlier, staff camping is now where Emperors was.

Re the map, yes the stage was painted on the wrong way round.. didn't have the heart to tell the illustrator to start again from scratch! The lanyard one will be more accurate.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Hoping it's close enough to the arena and far away enough from main camping that its not noisy. Last years position and seperate entrance was perfect so bit annoying if we have to trudge through main camping to get to emps, was so nice not ever being bottle necked to get into the arena too.

looks like serious sam barrett has been told to sod off lippy ! damn those early rumours

i think the emperors enterance to the arena worked well last year, certainly from the perspective of a family who have a member of it with walking difficulties, It was a very short distance from the tent, through the cut and in to the arena and vice versa. The one entrance deal does seem to make anyone from the emperors travel a bit further to get in to the arena.

Guest manc_al

looks like serious sam barrett has been told to sod off lippy ! damn those early rumours

i think the emperors enterance to the arena worked well last year, certainly from the perspective of a family who have a member of it with walking difficulties, It was a very short distance from the tent, through the cut and in to the arena and vice versa. The one entrance deal does seem to make anyone from the emperors travel a bit further to get in to the arena.

I know you're a complete neutral lakeland (and a good 'un), but some of the stories I heard last year from some peeps I was talking to led me to believe that the security between the main campsite and the arena were a little on the heavy handed side - the security between EF and the area were really nice & a pleasure to chat to as you entered.

Hopefully this year everyone on security will be like the ones you've encountered & the ones I've encountered.

By the way, did you manage to get shut of those Thursday tickets? Maybe put a post on the official Facebook page if you're still looking to get rid of them.

Emperor field ticket finally arrived from Seatwave - I was getting a bit nervous as I've never used them before and I like my shower in the morning.

If it stays dry the tent will be getting an airing since its last outing at Wickerman - god knows what creatures lie within. Coming down myself from Edinburgh on Thursday for the first time. Really looking forward to having a break from work, meeting some new people, having a "few" beers and taking in some great music.

Was at T In The Park last week so looking for a more relaxed pace and hopefully less mud.

What are everyone's 3 must sees for each day (clashes permitting)?

Fri - Maximo Park, Admiral Fallow, Little Comets

Sat - Shed Seven, Sound of Guns, Little Roy (but only if its sunny and he does the Nirvana covers!)

Sun - James, Inspirals, King Charles (although closely followed by Bombskare and Feeder).

What are everyone's 3 must sees for each day (clashes permitting)?

Fri - Maximo Park, Admiral Fallow, Little Comets

Sat - Shed Seven, Sound of Guns, Little Roy (but only if its sunny and he does the Nirvana covers!)

Sun - James, Inspirals, King Charles (although closely followed by Bombskare and Feeder).