Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully get a chance to make sure the tents ok this weekend, every time I seem to have been off its spotted down, hopefully 2 dry days will help.

Packing stuff on Tuesday next week and then leaving for Wickerman area on Wednesday before Kendal the week after. Can't wait ! Just really got clothes an food to pack.

theres too many i want to see sure ill miss out some due to clashes but

friday-admiral fallow,little barrie,dirty north

saturday-spector.sound of guns,the travelling band

sunday-the hummingbirds,random impulse,james

Started prepping my cool box as well, freezing 6 2ltr milk bottles filled with water, when they're done I'll pack them in the box with my frozen BBQ stuff, bacon an some cans. The box shud keep everything cool for 3 to 4 days an give cold cans all festival as long as its not opened that often.

Planning bacon sarnies for breakfast an bbqs a couple of times to go with the festival food

Really looking forward to Kendal this year. Went in 2009 and 2010 and it was one of the best festivals I've been to.

Arrangements for the EF seem a bit all over the place this year. Last time I went it was £10 and you could park next to your car.

What's the deal with Thursday night is much going on?

Really looking forward to Kendal this year. Went in 2009 and 2010 and it was one of the best festivals I've been to.

Arrangements for the EF seem a bit all over the place this year. Last time I went it was £10 and you could park next to your car.

What's the deal with Thursday night is much going on?

There won't be much going on, few bars open, few food stalls as well, really just a chance to get on site an get set up so u can have a relaxing start to the festival before the music starts friday

If you live local I probably wouldn't bother, if u live further away then its a more relaxing start to the festival rather than getting up at crack of dawn, heading to site, queuing for a bit, finding a camping spot and getting set up before the band's. Suits me cos I like to be settled in and have a look around before the music starts.

Welcome to the forum by the way

What are everyone's 3 must sees for each day (clashes permitting)?

Fri - Maximo Park, Admiral Fallow, Little Comets

Sat - Shed Seven, Sound of Guns, Little Roy (but only if its sunny and he does the Nirvana covers!)

Sun - James, Inspirals, King Charles (although closely followed by Bombskare and Feeder).

Re the Utah saints are they just dj's now ? I saw them as a band 3-4 times in the early 90's and really want to catch them again.

Fri - Admiral Fallow, JollyBoat, Maximo Park

Sat - Utah Saints, Sound of Guns, Nick Heywood

Sun - Feeder, King Charles, James

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info. I know what you mean about getting in early I like to get settled. Not too far away in Manchester but last time remember being up to get onsite really early. Might go for it, its an extra night away if nothing else.