PULP

Guest Vogue

To be honest, given all the stories of people complaining about people at the Pyramid or the Other, often not looking bothered about being seeing whoever they were seeing, it was a bit of a blessing this was on the Park Stage. Yeah, the majority didn't get a good view, but you were surrounded people who wanted to see a reformed Pulp :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I SAW PULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D my 11th pulp gig woop! (and 14th seeing Jarvis!, obviously it was always gonna be my highlight, but its also my Boyfriends, and he's not even a pulp fan!!

found out on Wednesday afternoon it was gonna be pulp thanks to neil! - omg omg...how f**kin' good were they!!!!

razzamataz!! acrylic afternoons!! LIKE A FRIEND! omg....

best gig ever.

-bad points...until i saw what javis looked like on youtube i didnt have a clue!! - ah well...im 5ft, i wasd never gonna see much anyway without big screens. - i didnt get as close as o wanted because i did far, far too much the night before. lol - in a good way ;) but i danced (with feet struck in mud)and screamed every lyric. Absolutely brilliant.

Thank You Pulp for making my year!. xxxxx

Loved it.

Was back at the tent at 6pm when a text came through that it was definitely Pulp so sauntered over there for 6.30 and got a great place on the far side under the pink washing line against the 'piss' fence.

Always wanted to see them after being a huge fan since they made it big but never got the chance before. Saw Jarvis in the John Peel 2 years ago and was overwhelmed and this was on a par.

Such a great front man. Shame a lot of people talked over his talking as he's very entertaining but managed to match most of what he said.

This was my nuumber one set of Glastonbury followed by The Jim Jones Review and TV On The Radio

I got to The Park early as I was hoping it would be PULP. Was close and had a great view. Best set of the weekend for me, felt fantastic to be a part of it! PULP!

It really was something special. Absolutely amazing in every sense. When they opened with Do You Remember The First Time I don't think I've ever been happier. The whole set from start to finish was simply perfect even down to Jarvis's banter with the crowd and what an amazing setlist.

I really don't think anything will ever surpass that at Glastonbury for me, perfect band, perfect setlist, perfect setting. :D

It was fantastic but with the mud and my ankle in a bad way at the time I didn't feel like getting to the front. Jarvis sound like he was on great form, they sounded amazing.

BUT

I really didn't like it up there, the area really can't cope with the numbers. I couldn't see Jarvis (not that important but for a bits it would been nice to see him :P). I was left of the sound desk few rows back and people just kept talking around me which really annoyed me. By the middle of the set it was even in the songs and with the sound so low was barely audible until the sing along for common people. So that took some of it away for me :(, felt around me at least far to many people went to be there to say they had been there. Couldn't believe the amount of talking during songs :(

I don't mean to bring it down, as it was amazing and I loved Jarvis's jokes at the beginning of it. Just wish I had been able to see or even around people who didn't talk the whole way through. (Or sitting in camping chairs doing them f**king gas canister things.)

Slushy post alert!

My 10th Glastonbury and my number one Glastonbury moment. I cried all the way through it, I sang my heart out and I couldn't see a damn thing, but I didn't care. I was all on my own (my stupid friends left early to meet other mates for Coldplay) but it was ace, I was in my own little world in the Park, were you really all there? ;):D

I arranged to meet mates at 10pm, but I got talking to some randoms, did some voddie shots, sang Pulp songs with them, fell over, got picked up by a fairy,forgot all about my mates, made friends with more randoms, sang some more Pulp songs and eventually saw my mates back at the tent at 2am, then I went out to play with them, still singing Pulp songs. Best night ever! :D

Still on a high tonight about it as I have loved Pulp forever, I was gutted when they split up as I never got to see them, circumstances, money etc. Seeing (or rather not seeing) them was my best moment at Glasto ever.

Oh is this the way they say the future's meant to feel?

Or just twenty thousand people standing in a field... :D:D:D

Amazing performance. Same with Radiohead the day before. Both had been leaked so early in the day I could stay in the Park enjoying some other bands knowing if I was missing anything elsewhere it was going to be worth it. It was such a mission to get across site with the mud that dashes between bands were scrapped as an idea completely.

Got great positions for both bands. A much better view than I'd of ever had at the Pyramid.

Loved every second of Pulp's set. Seeing them at Leeds too. Wonder how it will compare.

It really was magical wasn't it? We went up there after Yuck for Those Dancing Days onwards and the whole afternoon was perfect, right from having a snooze during Graham Coxon lying on the hill (dry ground - yay!) til the end of Pulp. We got what must have been the best spot ever as we could all see, the sound was brilliant, we didn't get crushed and everyone around us was having the time of their lives - plus we only really rocked up to the main section of the Park half way through Tame Impala (who I didn't mind).

Best gig of my life by far and the little video I have of Common People will be watched many many times. It's a shame the Radiohead set did nothing for me on the Friday even though we had a good spot for that as well - I think the weather and the lack of any sing alongs ruined that but it ticked the "finally seen Radiohead" box.

It made me laugh when we came out of the Park and this girl started chatting to us. Whilst saying that Pulp were the best thing ever she told us that she didn't watch it but that she found it very hard to believe that anyone could be better than...wait for it... the Jessie J set she'd watched earlier on.

Hi Guys (first post! :rolleyes:)

I have to say that Pulp, were incredible, their performance is what cemented in my mind that Glasto is the best festival in the world (it was my first), i was so disappointed to not see their name on the line up, but they were really special. It's like getting a comedy show to go with great music, Jarvis was hilarious (i loved him giving out chocolate bars to everyone, and i even caught the last frisbee (it's signed)) as well as an entertaining frontman, it was almost like he was mates with the whole audience. They also had a brilliant setlist, full of so many classics, common people was the loudest singalong of the weekend.

Sorry for the lengthy first post guys, but i just wanted to get across how great Pulp were, definitely act of the weekend (they totally showed up Coldplay who just seemed so ordinary)

Seems i made a wrong decision :-(

Yomped up to the Park on my own on Friday to see Radiohead and it wasn;t worth the effort imo. So Saturday was decision of leaving the gang who were watching Elbow to yomp to the Park again on my own.... seeing them this weekend in Hyde Park so made the decision not o go.... ever so slightly (OK massively) gutted now, Elbow were awesome but there's just something about Jarvis ;-)

Absolutely Briliant!!! My one and only gripe was people having full on conversations around me, very annoying. When I tried to budge away to where I could see happy people dancing and singing I got the dirtiest of looks as if to say 'you're never going to get to the front' I felt like saying 'I just want to get away from you'

I even heard a couple of girls saying 'well I'm not really into Pulp but I thought I may as well' before having the longest conversation about what to have for tea.

Anyhow whinging over, I am so happy I was there and watching You Tube clips is making me all weepy. I love you Jarvis :D