Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. But it just goes to show they can be booked in a non-headlining spot. As I already said, the only festival they are headlining so far is Eden Sessions which has a capacity of 6.000, that's 10 times smaller than Sonisphere. Because they have such a big tour this summer, and because they just added extra dates on sonisphere's weekend, they won't be headlining, if they hadn't added those extra dates then I'd maybe think it was still possible, but it's pretty much ruled out now.

I can understand why people don't like him (Adam Lambert) because he was on American Idol and he is more of a popstar than rockstar but if Queen wanted him then that is good enough for me. If you remember though they have played Knebworth before and obviously Sonisphere see that as a "Return to Knebworth" if you like.

Sonisphere just commented on the facebook wall:

Dear All, we are aware of how you are all feeling (we feel the same) and are doing all we can to get an announcement out to you soon.

Sounds like Queen/Adam Lambert is holding up the announcement to me?

from what I've heard (tho I can't be sure it's accurate), it would seem far more likely that the lack of a 3rd headliner is what's holding things up.

Latest rumour I've heard - dates could be changed to either the weekend before or the weekend after!

There is also meant to be a second one off show at Knebworth Park (like the RHCP one) but apparently that's fallen through now as well.

Still cannot understand why Sonisphere would want Queen I mean I guess they just see it as them returning to Knebworth.

I ain't moaning here like but it just seems a bit odd to believe what I mean by that is you hear so many rumours and so called "sources" it sometimes is a bit hard to believe but you just gotta be patient.

Still cannot understand why Sonisphere would want Queen I mean I guess they just see it as them returning to Knebworth.

I ain't moaning here like but it just seems a bit odd to believe what I mean by that is you hear so many rumours and so called "sources" it sometimes is a bit hard to believe but you just gotta be patient.

Yeah I remember people saying at Download in 2009 saying that they wasn't headline material but we will see at Sonisphere. Hoping this week we will get confirmation on the announcement but there not actually rushing into anything.

Not sure i agree about slim pickings ... i get the impression that a number of their potential bands have been reluctant to make decisions and suspect that maybe money has been a factor.

I had a number of leaks from very good sources last Autumn about Rush, Van Halen and Kiss ...but so far nothing has happened on those fronts. The FNM/Queen rumours have been around for a while but still nothing has been announced.

Personally, i don't think the lack of a third headliner is their only problem ... i think they could announce just the two headliners but something else is causing them problems. No idea what tho' but just looks that way to me.

Btw .... there's been a lot of positive comments on here about FNM. I've Spotified them and am most unimpressed by what i've heard - seems pretty MOR to me! What's their good stuff?

I'm sorry Biffoire but do you really believe they didn't "Want" Queen? Queen aren't a band anyone can just call up and be like "hey we're running a festival, want to play?". They rarely play shows and most festivals would want them over Sonisphere, them playing leaked months ago and I imagine it took a lot of work to get them to play, to think they were drafted in as a last resort is a bit stupid...

I think that Queen w/ Adam Lambert is a decent enough headliner for the festival in the context of a couple of other big names. Look at Biffy last year, good headliner because you had Metallica and Slipknot holding it together.

Where they are going to be the standout / biggest draw headliner (i.e. the other two aren't as big ticket shifters). Well, then you're in trouble :)

It's all got to be looked at in context of the the whole bill / set of 3 headliners.