Tattoos

Guest Alexiss

there was this place in Shangri La last year where you had to either have a tattoo to get straight in, or wait in a bit of a queue and get one on the door, don't think it was real though... don't know 'cause i didn't get one in the end, just walked past him and he never said nowt

I drag this story out fairly often, but one of my clearest memories of my first Glastonbury in 2005, was seeing a pretty but grubby crusty girl, sitting on a filthy blanket next to the dusty trackway leading into the Croissant Neuf field. On the filthy blanket, there was a load of body jewellery laid out, alongside a scrap of corrugated cardboard on which was scrawled "body piercing £5".

How about getting your tattoo somewhere clean, where you stand a decent chance of giving it hygienic aftercare in the following days?

I drag this story out fairly often, but one of my clearest memories of my first Glastonbury in 2005, was seeing a pretty but grubby crusty girl, sitting on a filthy blanket next to the dusty trackway leading into the Croissant Neuf field. On the filthy blanket, there was a load of body jewellery laid out, alongside a scrap of corrugated cardboard on which was scrawled "body piercing £5".

How about getting your tattoo somewhere clean, where you stand a decent chance of giving it hygienic aftercare in the following days?

You would have to be INSANE to even want to get a tattoo at a festival!! Do you have any? I have around £3,000 worth of ink on me done by professional artists in a CLEAN and STERILE environment. those two things are what you need to let a tattoo heal and you will never ever find that in a bloody field!

Was just wondering whether anyone knows of anywhere you can get a tattoo at glastonbury, not hena, a real one! ive never heard of anywhere to get one but i think it would be really cool to get one there! anyone got any cool glasto tattoos anyway?

If my wife hadn't seen this as well I'd swear that I must have halucinated it.

In 2009 at about 2 in the morning we were walking back to our tent from the Stone Circle via The Park in the pouring rain and as we were getting nearer the bar/cafe near the Tipi field were could hear a buzzing sound. As we walked past it was pretty dark inside but in the entrance we could see a big burly bloke sat on a big chair having a tattoo done on his upper arm.

In the total piss wet weather, in a dark tent on a dark night, early in the morning on the last day of a festival it was possibly the oddest thing that we could have seen (but then we went and sat downj in The Park and saw a bunch of teenagers punching each other in the face trying to see if they could knock someone out).

You would have to be INSANE to even want to get a tattoo at a festival!! Do you have any? I have around £3,000 worth of ink on me done by professional artists in a CLEAN and STERILE environment. those two things are what you need to let a tattoo heal and you will never ever find that in a bloody field!

GFL won't issue a traders license for tattooists on site, so anybody offering such services is being a bit naughty and doing so unofficially. Having said that, back in the day (say 1995), i have seen impromptu traders offering tattooing but that was a bit back and security's much more vigilant these days.

Echoing some of the other posters on here, i reckon you're best off just leaving glasto with memories and not any inking.

Edited by diddly-dee

• 12 years later...

Hi I’m a tattooist who tried to get into Glastonbury festival to tattoo and they said it’s not something they want there. Other festival do do it and as a tattooist I know it’s possible and legal to do so, it’s just a matter of choice for the people running Glastonbury festival. All tattooist take health and safety very seriously and it’s perfectly save to do so in a licensed van and using second skin to cover the tattoo for the duration of the festival, keeping it clean and germ free. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Poshink said:

Hi I’m a tattooist who tried to get into Glastonbury festival to tattoo and they said it’s not something they want there. Other festival do do it and as a tattooist I know it’s possible and legal to do so, it’s just a matter of choice for the people running Glastonbury festival. All tattooist take health and safety very seriously and it’s perfectly save to do so in a licensed van and using second skin to cover the tattoo for the duration of the festival, keeping it clean and germ free. 🙂

It's mentioned already in this 12 year old thread, but the festival licence specifically prohibits traders offering tattoos*. It's not going to happen regardless of how hygienic (and able to prove it) you are.

* the festival licence can be found here - https://www.somerset.gov.uk/community-leisure-and-tourism/glastonbury-festival/ - it's point PS5 in the Public Safety section.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

It's mentioned already in this 12 year old thread, but the festival licence specifically prohibits traders offering tattoos*. It's not going to happen regardless of how hygienic (and able to prove it) you are.

* the festival licence can be found here - https://www.somerset.gov.uk/community-leisure-and-tourism/glastonbury-festival/ - it's point PS5 in the Public Safety section.

I suspect posh ink might be advertising wares ?