turbo drinks

Guest guypjfreak

We were inspired to do a few more! I'm going to get a few more on the go next week too :P

IMG_1704.jpg

Bubbling has stopped through the airlocks, but its still fizzing inside if you put your ear up against it.

i think ive [the wife] done it ..

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/780805680

it shows my alchobangpops in different stages

1 is with one demi with one carton and the other with two

2 orange and peach fizzing up after pouring sugar

3 all of them happily bubbling with water and and 1/2 pound sugar hee hee

all to do know is a little more water maybe a bit more sugar then bottle for glasto :lol::lol:

oh yes you can add water as it stops bubbling add more sugar as well if you want to old son mine will just bubble away until glasto now :):)

Edited by guypjfreak

So I just couldn't wait and popped a straw in the AlcoBANGpop Apple/Blackurrant & Cranberry for a sneak preview. Wow, tasted kind of pokey & quite nice too. Well impressed.

What will more sugar do, bearing in mind what UKslim said about alcohol killing the bugs?

I just did a bit of research, and found this: http://www.home-winemaking.com/winemaking-6.html

All a bit of a fuss, but we can take the principles and do something simpler.

Basically you can get lactose in homebrew shops. This is a sugar, so it adds sweetness, but it's not something yeast can ferment.

So, for fizzy turbo drinks:

Allow it to ferment in the airlocked demijohn until it's not bubbling any more. Adding sugar at this stage will make it bubble for longer, and get more alcoholic. But if you add more sugar, you have to wait for the bubbling to stop again.

Once it's stopped, if you have a sweet tooth, add lactose until it tastes how you want it.

Sterilise and rinse some 2L pop bottles, and pour the turbo drinks into them. Add 30g of sugar to each 2L bottle. More than that, and you risk exploding bottles!

Screw on the bottle caps, and leave them to develop a fizz.

Alternatively, enjoy your still turbo drink!

Sterilise and rinse some 2L pop bottles, and pour the turbo drinks into them. Add 30g of sugar to each 2L bottle. More than that, and you risk exploding bottles!
Edited by whisty

Hahah, I tasted my Orange ones a few days ago and they were bitter & look to have stopped bubbling altogether. I filled with Water yesterday. The Blackurrant/Apple/Cranberry tasted good and are still fizzing away. I guess Ukslim made the point earlier about the taste once all the sugar has been converted. Anyway, if mine's not sour or vinegar, I'll sweeten it to taste and job done.

Is there any real point in keeping it in demijohn if it's stopped bubbling?

Hahah, I tasted my Orange ones a few days ago and they were bitter & look to have stopped bubbling altogether. I filled with Water yesterday. The Blackurrant/Apple/Cranberry tasted good and are still fizzing away. I guess Ukslim made the point earlier about the taste once all the sugar has been converted. Anyway, if mine's not sour or vinegar, I'll sweeten it to taste and job done.

Is there any real point in keeping it in demijohn if it's stopped bubbling?

One last question and I promise to shut up thereafter. Is it drinkable while still fizzing? What I mean is, can the active yeast cause problems for some people. Don't want to dish some of the fizzy stuff out and start having people explode around me :)

you got my pm .....?

yea keep it in demi till ready to go to glasto old son .its got to go into plastic bottles but you dont really want it sitting in plastic till glasto.

here Spindles heres a quick one for you old son http://www.instructables.com/id/Turbo-Cider-part-1/ same principal just quicker :lol::lol: so you still have time B)

Hey Old son and other Turbo manufacturers, did anybody taste test yet? From my experience either something went wrong or a flavour boost is required.

What ideas are there to bring some flavour/sweetness back. Very simply I was thinking Orange or Blackurrant Squash.

Any ideas, thoughts out there ?

Almost forgot to mention, it tasted better before the introduction of water. Had much more punch but then I guess that's obvious.

Edited by whisty