turbo drinks

Guest guypjfreak

hi all you know glasto time is near in my house when we start our turbo drinks .this year we have

orange

exotic fruit

apple

grape

you must use 3 whole juice cartons [not juice drink] for each flavor and you can mix and match and heres the recipe

1..you get your 3 cartons of say exotic fruit . you pour 2 cartons in to a demijohn and add a tea spoon of yeast .

2..leave for 2or 3 days it'll bubble like mad make sure you use an air lock ;);)

3..after 2 or 3 days [no more] add your 3rd carton plus sugar.... Here i must say that you can add a different flavor we are adding peach to our orange and tropical to the exotic . also the amount of sugar you put in the more alcoholic it will be obviously .

we are using about 1 pound per demi that should give us about a 15% drink :):)

4.. leave this bubbling away for about a week and a half in warm place then top up demi with water to neck and leave.

5.. it'll be ready to drink in 4/6 weeks just siphon off the little bit of sediment and stabilise then pour into plastic bottles and your ready for glasto ..we bottle ours the day before we leave .

if you dont have any demis we have used 5 liter plastic bottles before just cut a hole in the blue lids and use air locks just the same [just make sure the air locks are sealed ]

good luck every one hope you try this its great B)

happy Sunday all :D:D

ps

i didnt say old son once there so here it is must be going mad old sons :lol::lol:

peace

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1

Moonshine. I like it!

There was a recipe for home made alcoholic ginger beer which I linkied to in the Drinks thread that was knocking about here the other day.

All sounds very easy (if a bit messy!) doesnt it?

Edited by LusciousLucy

that sounds cool, i am accually gona save that recipe. thanks.

i have a bottle of potcheen downt he stairs, a customer of mine that lives out in the sticks gave it too me.. it is lethal stuff :S , i wouldnt dare bring it to glasto tho.

Moonshine. I like it!

There was a recipe for home made alcoholic ginger beer which I linkied to in the Drinks thread that was knocking about here the other day.

All sounds very easy (if a bit messy!) doesnt it?

Wilkinsons do homebrew equipment. I don't think even larger branches of Boots do it any more -- although, as the recession continues, they just might.

Check Yellow Pages though.

You can get plastic demijohns now; cheaper and lighter.

I'm quite intrigued by these turbo drinks. If you use grape juice, it's basically going to be wine isn't it? How sweet do they tend to end up? Obviously it depends how much sugar you add. Kinda curious as to how orange will taste with the sugar converted to alcohol.

Wilkinsons do homebrew equipment. I don't think even larger branches of Boots do it any more -- although, as the recession continues, they just might.

Check Yellow Pages though.

You can get plastic demijohns now; cheaper and lighter.

I'm quite intrigued by these turbo drinks. If you use grape juice, it's basically going to be wine isn't it? How sweet do they tend to end up? Obviously it depends how much sugar you add. Kinda curious as to how orange will taste with the sugar converted to alcohol.

Within limits. At a certain point, the concentration of alcohol kills the yeast, even if there's still sugar to be consumed.

If you were daring, you could skip the stabilizer, and bottle it live, so it would end up fizzy. The risk is that it ends up too fizzy, or your bottle explodes! Getting it just right is a bit technical.

Bought equipment and supplies for 4 demijohns. £30 for 18 litres of alcoBANGpop. I'm sure it's gonna be a total disaster but can't wait for the results.

Nice timely post you made, spurred this old dog into action :)

• Like 1

Bought equipment and supplies for 4 demijohns. £30 for 18 litres of alcoBANGpop. I'm sure it's gonna be a total disaster but can't wait for the results.

Nice timely post you made, spurred this old dog into action :)

Started 4 demijohns this morning, bubbling away nicely. If 2 turn out drinkable I'll be happy. The rest will be distributed to strangers who pass through Camp Whisty :)

Edited by whisty

Me and my housemates have 4 of these on the go. managed to get a demijohn and an airlock for £2.50! I added some juice and yeast and the whole thing cost me just £7.50!

Just added the third carton and some sugar today and its bubbling like mad! cant wait to taste it. How are everyone else's getting on?

mine are going nuts not long before the froth drops abit then ill add the water .

cant wait :lol:

got drunk last night on home made cider id forgotten about more like cider brandy really need a good hang over cure for glasto :lol::lol::lol:

Any positive results will be welcomed at the Wednesday Cider Bus meet. Last year Oily Joe brought 5 litres of his 9(?) year old home made port/madeira and that went down far too well and a lot of very appreciative and greatful Efesters had an enjoyable evening :D