turbo drinks

Guest guypjfreak

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, yes I added some cordial, only a little bit to sweeten. Gave my lad the Apple/Blakcurrant & Cranberry one to dish out and everybody loved it. It still had a tiny bit of fizz left which helped. The Orange ones didn't go down that well. I know the starting point for next time.

As an aside it tasted much better before I added water. Maybe I'll just add more juice next time. Experts (you know who you are)can give advice on any negatives in doing that please.

Thanks Old son and all others for the contribution. This was a great little exercise and helped the build up to the Festival muchly :)

Ahh, yes I added some cordial, only a little bit to sweeten. Gave my lad the Apple/Blakcurrant & Cranberry one to dish out and everybody loved it. It still had a tiny bit of fizz left which helped. The Orange ones didn't go down that well. I know the starting point for next time.

As an aside it tasted much better before I added water. Maybe I'll just add more juice next time. Experts (you know who you are)can give advice on any negatives in doing that please.

Thanks Old son and all others for the contribution. This was a great little exercise and helped the build up to the Festival muchly :)

Edited by guypjfreak

• 2 weeks later...

I used to make wine from cartons of grape juice and sugar in a big brewing bucket-no air lock. After 4 weeks in an unheated student house it was ready to drink, in my opinion, though it tended towards the fizzy and gave people a dreadful headache the day after.

Also had a tendency to 'pop' the plastic corks out once bottled. Perhaps I didn't use enough stabiliser (Campden tablets) or maybe I just bottled too early!

• 8 years later...

I am surprised this thread by @guypjfreak from 2011 hasn't been archived, but in view of potential "essential supplies" shortages in the supermarkets/shops especially now the pubs are closing their doors this evening, there are some great tips to brew your own whilst we all self isolate in this thread! The more the merrier, please add yours!  :drinks:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

I am surprised this thread by @guypjfreak from 2011 hasn't been archived, but in view of potential "essential supplies" shortages in the supermarkets/shops especially now the pubs are closing their doors this evening, there are some great tips to brew your own whilst we all self isolate in this thread! The more the merrier, please add yours!  :drinks:

Bloody hell 2011... 

Funny enough I had a call from a friend..... I do have one.... Who was making turbo cider lol 

Top of the range old son 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Bloody hell 2011... 

Funny enough I had a call from a friend..... I do have one.... Who was making turbo cider lol 

Top of the range old son 

How many time do I have to remind you? It's old daughter! :girlmad::D

One link has been added on turbo cider, but there are FB groups and YouTube videos on making it with supermarket apple juice.

For apple juice, it's recommended to add tea for tannin. Dilutes like Vimto can be added, but boil them for 10 minutes to get rid of the sodium preservatives which affect yeast.

If you have a hydrometer, you can calculate the ABV and how much sugar to add to make it stronger.

If you sanitise, you may be able to draw off some yeast after fermentation to begin the next batch.

• Upvote 1