Ticket Scam man Jailed

Guest DeadAmos

Also acts as a warning. I know that people like to slag some of the ticket merchants off at times, but as long as you stick to the authorised seller it removes the risk of being ripped off. Providing a market for unauthorised tickets attracts these sort of scams and the only answer I can see that works is don't provide a market for them and persecute them whenever found with the full force of the law.

Glad to see he got sent down, he ruined hundreds of people's year, several times.

What happens to all the money had made through his crimes? Hopefully they can get it back by taking his possessions, house/car etc

Although as with a lot of crims, he might have his car/house in someone elses name, and the stolen money secreted away in bank accounts the police don't know of

He was also done for money laundering as well. Usually means they will find some but not all.

Also it looks very unsophisticated as well. If I remember R&L a few years ago was heavily targeted by a firm registered in Spain and there has been no public follow up on that!!!

50k nice amount of money but not worth a visit to the showers.

It's strange he wasn't seling Glasto tickets. Oh wait a minute they have a registration and photo system that stops these things happening and protects festival fans.

Others should follow and these kind of things might stop.

not condoning what hes done for 1 minute, but 3 years seems abit harsh, an asylum seeker was sentenced to 18 months for mowing down and killing a 12 year old girl in bradford(i think). he was banned from driving and uninsured. seems to me the justice system value money alot more than life these days, which in my opinion is a very sorry state of affairs!

not condoning what hes done for 1 minute, but 3 years seems abit harsh, an asylum seeker was sentenced to 18 months for mowing down and killing a 12 year old girl in bradford(i think). he was banned from driving and uninsured. seems to me the justice system value money alot more than life these days, which in my opinion is a very sorry state of affairs!

The length of the sentence may be down to the fact that the w*nker was quite happy to run up scores of victims. This still wouldn't equate to a single death under the circumstances afore mentioned, but there hasn't been uniformity of sentencing for as long as I can remember (admittedly this is failing the more and more I get smashed at Glasto. Ho hum).

As much as i'm glad he's been put away, people need to use common sense when buying tickets online that aren't from the official vendor. I remember a month or so ago, i don't know if its connected with the same case, there was a girl on the news who was studying at leeds uni that paid a substantial amount of money for some leeds tickets by cheque! What a complete idiot with unprecedented levels of stupidity. Having watched the interview on the news i couldn't help thinking the she deserved it.