This Sunday

Guest Alf Tupper

So its less than a week until the returns are sold and this ageing soldier is getting incredibly nervous, so desperate to make it three in a row and still in shock at missing out last year in the original sale, i guess the odds of getting a ticket this time around are slimmer than before.

Ive spent the last 15 minutes trying to find a thread that perhaps has a network of fellow forummers who are going to try and help each other this Sunday but cannot seem to find one, anyone know if there is a thresd gathering dust somewhere?

The nerves are kicking in big time now at the anticipation of Sunday morning approaching and if it doesn't happen im going to have to take myself far far away where TV and Radio does not exists on that weekend, it would like watching someone else making love to the wife if i wasn't part of it, arrrghhh!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big love to those who have offered advice, and Cejx i will pm you at the end of the week, good to know the spirit of giving is still alive and well. :D

It is going to be crazy on Sunday, just hitting F5 like a maniac. I am going to have 2 laptops on the go at once and a phone on redial. I fear that they will sell out in double quick time, unless the website crashes that is.

In a way I hope that they held back some tickets when they saw that the demand was obviously huge and they will release a fair few but this is just wishful thinking.

Right, I am off to step up the training programme on my 'F5 Key' finger!!

Good luck one and all.

It is going to be crazy on Sunday, just hitting F5 like a maniac. I am going to have 2 laptops on the go at once and a phone on redial. I fear that they will sell out in double quick time, unless the website crashes that is.

In a way I hope that they held back some tickets when they saw that the demand was obviously huge and they will release a fair few but this is just wishful thinking.

Right, I am off to step up the training programme on my 'F5 Key' finger!!

Good luck one and all.

I have put a link in comments on your profile page, unable to PM as I have sent too many to others! :)

Alf - i have a list of people i will be trying to help and I am planning to message them all later in the week to see who still needs me! Please feel free to pm me your mobile so i can add you to the list.

this was my first year of getting a ticket, using the computer was pretty useless and didn't get me anywhere. At the very last minute I tried on my phone, not thinking at all it was going to work and worried that if it did work it wouldn't be very secure. Anyway, got to the page and filled out my details, sent and then it crashed. At this point I figured that hadn't worked and cried, but then 4 hours later i got a confirmation email...knew it was my phone attempt that must have worked because i didn't even get onto the ordering page on the computer. if you've got a phone with net i would deffo try that, it worked for me and i've heard it worked for a few others too.

Honestly wishing everyone a massive good luck for Sunday, I have a friend who has decided she wants to go so I am going to try and help her out too

Well so far I have half a dozen friends who are going to try with my reg number and pay and i refund them, seems the safest way to do it.

Assuming any of us are lucky enough to get through that is, going to sepnd the rest of the week rubbing the buddhas belly to see if that works!

Like Flossy said... For 2010 I tried on my computer for ages. Had pretty much given up and decided to go outside for a smoke. Kept trying on my phone and got through within minutes.

Don't know how it works, or if two examples make a case, but I'd definitely add it to the methods to try.

I'd be intrigued to know how many tickets there are going to be in the resale. Extending the payment deadline by 81 hours suggests that there were more people that didn't pay than GFL anticipated there being (which is good news for me and all the others hoping for success in the resale)? Although I'm puzzled by GFL's/SEE's logic here - if, for whatever reason, you'd decided not to go and wanted to get £40 back, then i can't see many people thinking "oh well, the payment page is still open, I may as well pay after all". Very odd. Unless there were some system glitches (eminently feasible) that prevented people from paying within the 'official' 7-day period and, because of this, they decided to keep it open a bit longer.

Anyway, to all of us out there hoping for tickets, I've been successful three times in resale in the past and only didn't get to go once because I wasn't lucky enough. So, fingers crossed for us all, the odds are in our favour!

Like Flossy said... For 2010 I tried on my computer for ages. Had pretty much given up and decided to go outside for a smoke. Kept trying on my phone and got through within minutes.

Don't know how it works, or if two examples make a case, but I'd definitely add it to the methods to try.