2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can all but rule out blur now. we have our 2 hr slot band. The Killers or SOAD.

We know

Green Day

The Cure

Blur

won't play.

I would say though that if The Killers headline this year then Blur are very likely for next year, just my thoughts. If they don't, it's still very open. But again, if Biffy who I think will and Blur headlined, your last would be a 1.5 hr band too.

Well that's still not quite how shows work... bands play with who they play with most of the time. Rarely do personal decisions actually affect it. Regardless, that isn't your original point. You're claiming C&S would want to alter a deal so they could see Kasabian... that isn't how booking works. You take what you get.

I don't see Kasabian having any choice in who they want playing under them (you may argue The Prodigy asked for C&S to sub them at Download but AC is obviously taking bit of a curveball with that Friday & they are a suitable booking to have in that slot on that day).

If anything I think it makes C&S more likely to play NME on Kasabian day if there happen to be any link at all.

So... any more thoughts on who Foo's & Kasabian will be up against in NME?

Justice headlining NME on Kasabian's day would make me a very happy rabbit indeed.

You're all forgetting about the hotel that got block booked, if it has infact been booked by an artist playing R+L it is definitely the 3rd headliner as I doubt Kasabian or Foo Fighters would of done it.

I can't see it being Kanye/Jay Z though as they've been playing 40 song setlists in their recent tour so an hour and a half wouldn't be long enough for them. Although they might take both the Headlining and Subbing positions for it which is a possibility since it's too separate artists.

Why does there only have to be one two-hour band? They can do what the hell they like with time slots, if there were two bands that they wanted and both were insisting on two hours I doubt they'd blow one of them off because "we only have one two-hour band".

Edited by mrtourette