Third Other Stage Headliner

Guest blackcockerel

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Third headliner for the Other Stage it's not that important for me yet. As even the JP, The Park and West Holts usually have good competition on the headliners (last years Saturday the only time I had no one let alone difficult decisions in the 3 years I've been going).

Won't be going to Shangri La early on the Sunday though, as we leave on at 6am the next day, so don't drink late on the Sunday.

Really don't agree with the first bit here. I think it's not just that she's a pop act, but that really she doesn't have the number of recognisable hits that a Kylie or Take That have. Or maybe I just missed them. A little bit unsure about what is here solo and what was Destiny's Child.

But, all in all, I would expect it to be one of the smallest Pyramid Crowds of recent years, and for it only to be really busy if there are Jay Z rumours floating around...

Based on the shit booked this year it wouldn't surprise me if we had Beady Eye headlining with Tinie Tempah on before or something as retarded as that.

On the topic of Underworld, I really really hope not... saw them at Rock en Seine last year and they were by far one of the most boring acts I have ever seen. The lead singer looks like a grade 1 idiot prancing round on the stage like he has Freddy Mercury stature and their songs go on far too long (especially considering they only have 1 song people come to see)

Edited by jakkc

Guest blackcockerel

I'm not just saying this because I'm a huge fan of Pulp (yeah right), but if they choose between Pulp or Underworld and go with Underworld than they're making a big mistake. Pulp would be a much bigger draw I reckon, they have the special history blah blah blah... that would create the crowd split neeeded against Beyonce. I don't think Underworld would do that as effectively. I like Underworld, but them headlining on the Sunday just doesn't seem right to me.