2012 headliners

Guest lharris92

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm bored I've made a list of all the bands I can think of that could potentially headline in 2012 (this is just speculation) . By the way I am assuming this years headliners are Muse, Strokes and MCR

Legendary Headliner: Foo Fighters, Blur, Green Day, R.E.M., Iron Maiden, Eminem, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam

Popular, Solid headliner/ Reformed Band ( i.e Muse in 2006, Smashing Pumpkins in 2007): Kasabian, Killers, Prodigy, Linkin Park, Soundgarden (not if Pearl Jam play) , SOAD, Beastie Boys

New Headliner ( this is based on the assumption that these bands have a successful album/tour between now and 2012 to push them up to headliner level): Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party. Muford & Sons, Florence & The Machine, Pendulum, Jay Z, Queens of the Stone Age

Thats all i can think of.

Not sure about anyone else but Foo Fighters, Soundgarden and Bloc Party sounds like a pretty decent weekend.

Since I'm bored I've made a list of all the bands I can think of that could potentially headline in 2012 (this is just speculation) . By the way I am assuming this years headliners are Muse, Strokes and MCR

Legendary Headliner: Foo Fighters, Blur, Green Day, R.E.M., Iron Maiden, Eminem, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam

Popular, Solid headliner/ Reformed Band ( i.e Muse in 2006, Smashing Pumpkins in 2007): Kasabian, Killers, Prodigy, Linkin Park, Soundgarden (not if Pearl Jam play) , SOAD, Beastie Boys

New Headliner ( this is based on the assumption that these bands have a successful album/tour between now and 2012 to push them up to headliner level): Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party. Muford & Sons, Florence & The Machine, Pendulum, Jay Z, Queens of the Stone Age

Not sure about anyone else but Foo Fighters, Soundgarden and Bloc Party sounds like a pretty decent weekend.

Popular, Solid headliner/ Reformed Band ( i.e Muse in 2006, Smashing Pumpkins in 2007): Kasabian, Killers, Prodigy, Linkin Park, Soundgarden (not if Pearl Jam play) , SOAD, Beastie Boys, Daft Punk

New Headliner ( this is based on the assumption that these bands have a successful album/tour between now and 2012 to push them up to headliner level): Biffy Clyro, Bloc Party. Muford & Sons, Florence & The Machine, Pendulum,Elbow, Jay Z, Queens of the Stone Age, Glasvegas (extremely unlikely I know but they have the right sound and the new album seems to have a lot of hype)

Not sure what anyone else thinks but Foo Fighters, Soundgarden and Bloc Party sounds like a pretty decent weekend.

Edited by peterdb3492

The Kinks over the Beatles ANY day of the week for me. I used to hate the Beatles, but as ui've grown up i've realise that dispite the fact that they were a bunch of pricks... the fact is that they are a legendary act who have written some amazing songs and classic albums. But for me The Kinks have that little extra. More diverse, lyrically more witty and meaningful, and have written such a huge list of classic tracks that make me feel great. The Kinks were superb.

There difference between The Beatles & The Kinks and Oasis is that 2 of the bands changed their style, and wrote about various subject matters that meant something. Whereas one of them was a band who wrote one or 2 good albums, got a bit full of themselves, took and lot of drugs and repeated the same basic album over and over. Oasis were a very shallow imitation of everything thaty came before it. Of course they'll reunite. And it'll be sooner rather than later..... Because there is money in it

Edited by Vieuphoria

The Kinks over the Beatles ANY day of the week for me. I used to hate the Beatles, but as ui've grown up i've realise that dispite the fact that they were a bunch of pricks... the fact is that they are a legendary act who have written some amazing songs and classic albums. But for me The Kinks have that little extra. More diverse, lyrically more witty and meaningful, and have written such a huge list of classic tracks that make me feel great. The Kinks were superb.

There difference between The Beatles & The Kinks and Oasis is that 2 of the bands changed their style, and wrote about various subject matters that meant something. Whereas one of them was a band who wrote one or 2 good albums, got a bit full of themselves, took and lot of drugs and repeated the same basic album over and over. Oasis were a very shallow imitation of everything thaty came before it. Of course they'll reunite. And it'll be sooner rather than later..... Because there is money in it