WARNING! Malware attacks on this site!

Guest Beaver89

yea assuming you don't blindly allow ssh or other dameons then yea unix is deff more secure

more control and secure :) even when there's an exploit for some kind of dameon, it's usually patched before other OSs would due to the lnumber of distrubutions and the open source nature meaning loads of people work on fixes :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using Win 7/Firefox and Kaspersky blocked a few things last night. I posted what Kaspersky blocked here:

/index.php?showtopic=157473&pid=3509982&st=0&#entry3509982">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=157473&pid=3509982&st=0&#entry3509982

Using my phone to post this so don't know if there is still a problem.

Its the same sytem tools file that infected me about 10 days ago on here, it gets on ur computer via java, it says ur computer is infected an brings up fake antivirus software that you need. It also shuts down loads of programs and wont let you open them claiming that the exe files are infected. I had to go into safe mode, download a remover to put it right.

Its the same sytem tools file that infected me about 10 days ago on here, it gets on ur computer via java, it says ur computer is infected an brings up fake antivirus software that you need. It also shuts down loads of programs and wont let you open them claiming that the exe files are infected. I had to go into safe mode, download a remover to put it right.

Can you remember what you downloaded, I have the ame problem today?

Thanks

[/]

I had it yesterday but everything has seemed OK since I removed it smile.gif

Malwarebytes seems to be pretty effective at getting rid of it. I also have a program on my computer called 'Kill Process' that I pretty much have open in the background all the time just incase I can't get into my task manager to stop the process. I know its a bit of a pain in the arse, but it really does pay to update your anti-virus software pretty much daily... and even then I found malware slipping through regularly. Thankfully they've been pretty easy to get rid of

Thanks

i went in to safe mode with networking, went online and downloaded a program called hitman pro 3.5, you get 30 days free trail with it, ran the program, took about 5 minutes to check the hard drive and delete the files, after the restart everything was back to normal. i take it you've got the malware that changes your wallpaper to loads of warning signs and your computer goes mental !

Thanks

i went in to safe mode with networking, went online and downloaded a program called hitman pro 3.5, you get 30 days free trail with it, ran the program, took about 5 minutes to check the hard drive and delete the files, after the restart everything was back to normal. i take it you've got the malware that changes your wallpaper to loads of warning signs and your computer goes mental !

so that I'm not having to update in two places, please /index.php?showtopic=157473&st=0&gopid=3510289&#entry3510289">see here for more information.

But briefly:-

From googling, this problem has hit a number of websites in the last 24 hours or so, including eBay and imdb.com.. There currently appears to be little firm info on what exactly the problem is and how it's being caused.

I've virus scanned the three efestivals servers, and these are all clean.

Please ensure that you're using anti-virus software, and that it's up-to-date.

Please don't 'accept' any on-screen messages that might pop-up on your computer.

it appears that Firefox and Chrome (if not other browsers) are now blocking access to the site that this problem is originating from (marillador.cz.cc), so hopefully users of those browsers will be safe.

Please don't 'accept' any on-screen messages that might pop-up on your computer.

I'll repeat: I can find no trace of this problem originating from this website. It's possible that it is, tho it's also possible that users have picked up the problem from another site - some major sites have been hit with the same problem over the last 24 hours (including eBay and imdb.com).

To ensure that you're protected to the best extent:-

Use Firefox or Chrome for your web-browsing, as these have built-in features which stop any access to sites where a problem originates from (as far as I can see, they're currently blocking access to the site that is the cause of this issue).

Edited by eFestivals