24hr vote - Can JK put this out the bag?

Guest skateboardc

I can't see it happening, No. I have no idea what Rockness is about anymore and whilst I hope they are able to redefine themselves by the announcement, the reality is that they will not.

What is Rockness now? A generic festival appealing and competing with the other festivals in the locality, instead of bringing a different brand or increased profile of music, it's just much of the same.

Sorry to be so negative it's just we pin our hopes on something big or new or fresh and there seems to be the same old same old.

I do hope I am wrong, I really do...

PS As for the arguement about it being cheaper to get into, I would quite happily pay an extra £50 for bigger bands... more must see less mehhhh

I think its possible, I just don't think it will happen. So before anyone goes all limmy's show on me its a no.

I really hope he does though.

I know that Rockness will be a great weekend and I'll have a laugh with my pals anyway, but I just hope for one or two acts that I will look forward to seeing and helps get me excited.

Edited by theampersanddevil

I think its possible, I just don't think it will happen. So before anyone goes all limmy's show on me its a no.

I really hope he does though.

I know that Rockness will be a great weekend and I'll have a laugh with my pals anyway, but I just hope for one or two acts that I will look forward to seeing and helps get me excited.

Will say no also. As mentioned they really probably should have made an announcement before T, it only stumps any momentum they hoped to raise, unless they had a daft punk sized announcement.

Can sympathise with the promoters in a way, the fest has always been marketed to be dance oriented, but there's only so much in that area you can do there without losing appeal eventually, without including t names even. Although I can't see it happening if I was running the event i'd slowly be trying to market it to a more connect/bestival of the north type event, with a larger range of more leftfield acts

So, what started so positive with yes's has evaporated into no's. Shame. I agree with the shout that the line up is being announced so soon after T... Especially if it's not filled with a crowd pleaser. I also agree that it would only take one or two acts to blow T out the water and bring the excitement back.

Realistically, daft punk won't play. Justice won't play. Deadmau5 won't play. They are the 3 most talked about acts on the forum... If there is anyone else left out there who can create that buzz I'd love to know who.

... Whoever they are... I'm sure tomorrow they WILL be announced.

Will say no also. As mentioned they really probably should have made an announcement before T, it only stumps any momentum they hoped to raise, unless they had a daft punk sized announcement.

Can sympathise with the promoters in a way, the fest has always been marketed to be dance oriented, but there's only so much in that area you can do there without losing appeal eventually, without including t names even. Although I can't see it happening if I was running the event i'd slowly be trying to market it to a more connect/bestival of the north type event, with a larger range of more leftfield acts