and the headliners are....

Guest Craig_Clarke

sure to be a load of shit!!

as per usual!

in my opinion the festival has got too heavy in recent years...we are due a big rap headliner - Jay-Z, P Diddy, i'd even take Dizzee Rascal!!

just please save us from the recent tripe you have been forcing upon us for the last few years! i remember 2008 watching metallica, and thinking - WHAT THE f**k IS THIS! even razorlight in 2007 was better than what we have had since then!

anyone else got some big rap names you would like to see top the festival?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man you are a moron!

Rock never dies i'll have you know, i only wish some of my efests friends were here to back me up on how much of a retard you are! Everyone knows reading will always be a Rock festival, with fine rock acts gracing its stages, wlaking around backstage dining on tasty BBQ's, but thats not the point, the point is you are a jerk,

V is the worst festival in the world, i hope you attend it and die from food poisoning from a burger.

Rock died the moment Iron Maiden were allowed to headline the festival in my opinion!! Not a single good song to thier name, how on earth they are being rumoured every year is beyond me!!

Just look at the charts my friend - Rihanna/ Katy Perry/ Pink/ Lady Gaga/ Beyonce - these are the acts that sell big and draw in big crowds!! Until reading can attract acts like this the festival will always be somewhat of a laughing stock to the rest of the festival circuit! Stuck in the past!

And for the record - Im a vegatarian so I wont be eating the burgers at V you absolute buffoon!!

Iron Maiden may not be everyones taste but they are a great band, and rock is still alive. Yes the charts do contain these artists, they are talented but they are NOT going to be coming to Reading anytime soon,

You sound like the kind of guy i'd punch in the face, so i suggest you dno't even think about coming to Reading festival!

Thanks for the support guys

Just look at the charts my friend - Rihanna/ Katy Perry/ Pink/ Lady Gaga/ Beyonce - these are the acts that sell big and draw in big crowds!! Until reading can attract acts like this the festival will always be somewhat of a laughing stock to the rest of the festival circuit! Stuck in the past!

Rock died the moment Iron Maiden were allowed to headline the festival in my opinion!! Not a single good song to thier name, how on earth they are being rumoured every year is beyond me!!

And for the record - Im a vegatarian so I wont be eating the burgers at V you absolute buffoon!!

So just because they are in the charts they are good? Perfect example Jedward/Bieber/Will smiths daughter so they will have to play . As people have said Rock will never die , it was never meant to be in the "Charts" . Look at Download they had just over 100,000 people last year and now you have sonisphere aswell . If you want to see all the chart music then go to V. I dont mind a bit of diversity at a festival which i think Reading do well (ive never been there myself) but you get all different types of rock , with Rap/Hip (Eg Cypress Hill) Dance etc

The funny thing is that a lot of people who will criticise this are the same people that constantly tell us that Reading is only good if the line up is full of nu metal tripe and bands that werent even that great in their heyday. Fair enough have the odd Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Rage Against The Machine playing, but the guy does have a slight point. The festival has always been about reflecting music that is big at its time.

For example over the years we have seen the likes of Bjork headline in 1995, Black Grape in 1996, Beastie Boys in 1998 and Franz in 2006. It may not reflect the tradition heavy rock roots, but its always been a good reflection of whats popular. Now I'm not saying go for a full on pop line up but the smatterings of chart acts and mainstream populist please is always healthy for the festival.

The funny thing is that a lot of people who will criticise this are the same people that constantly tell us that Reading is only good if the line up is full of nu metal tripe and bands that werent even that great in their heyday. Fair enough have the odd Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Rage Against The Machine playing, but the guy does have a slight point. The festival has always been about reflecting music that is big at its time.

For example over the years we have seen the likes of Bjork headline in 1995, Black Grape in 1996, Beastie Boys in 1998 and Franz in 2006. It may not reflect the tradition heavy rock roots, but its always been a good reflection of whats popular. Now I'm not saying go for a full on pop line up but the smatterings of chart acts and mainstream populist please is always healthy for the festival.