Rewards for weight loss

Guest Katster

Tell me about it!!!!!!

:-(

My mum informed me yesterday that her granny had it and my granny died of multiple cancers. At least now I can start having mammograms at 40 instead of 50 which is a good thing, but not sure if knowing all this actually makes me more bloody worried and given my past record, worrying is not good.

I seriously thought things would get better this year. They quite clearly haven't :-(

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it!!!!!!

:-(

My mum informed me yesterday that her granny had it and my granny died of multiple cancers. At least now I can start having mammograms at 40 instead of 50 which is a good thing, but not sure if knowing all this actually makes me more bloody worried and given my past record, worrying is not good.

I seriously thought things would get better this year. They quite clearly haven't :-(

My Mum has cancer at the moment, she has 3 types and one is rare & un-prouncable that only gets diagnosed 15 times a year around the world and my Nan (her Mum) died from cancer which is something that has deeply hurt but she's taking surpising well and is leaving tomorrow to follow a band on tour and she's pissed off she has to cut it a day short to come back for her chemo.

medicine will have advanced since then, and it's good to be forewarned. My husband has cancer in his family, both his parents died of stomach cancer, he's lost a cousin, a niece and a sister too, so when his tummy felt strange he went straight to the doc's and they did tests - he had a bacterial infection which, if left untreated, can lead to cancer.

And I'm on hypertension medication because my mother

died of a stroke at 51, so they tested me relatively early.

Preventative medicine's easier to come by if you have a family history of a particular condition.

My Mum has cancer at the moment, she has 3 types and one is rare & un-prouncable that only gets diagnosed 15 times a year around the world and my Nan (her Mum) died from cancer which is something that has deeply hurt but she's taking surpising well and is leaving tomorrow to follow a band on tour and she's pissed off she has to cut it a day short to come back for her chemo.

Nah, it would mean I have to use up my holiday from work and I rather use those days to have fun.

Just hang in there and you'll be fine, no point getting stressed over something you can't control and you can use that energy to do something more productive with it.

Thats brilliant.

Am finding that my gym sessions - its really only circuits that I'm doing, maybe an hour three or 4 times a week - have built up my muscle mass quite a bit. Wasnt even that fussed about it, was really only interested in cardio, cos i couldnt be bothered doing the treadmill/ rowing machines. I've lost weight but its kind of levelled off a bit recently. Need to cut out the rubbish again.

Be men and stop saying dieting & losing weight and start saying getting in shape.

10 & 12st sounds scary thin to me, I'm 15.5ish st (I'm a tall though) and when I was 14.5ish a friend started worrying about me as I was too thin to the extent she was having nightmares about it and drunkenly started accusing me of being balmic.

Be men and stop saying dieting & losing weight and start saying getting in shape.

10 & 12st sounds scary thin to me, I'm 15.5ish st (I'm a tall though) and when I was 14.5ish a friend started worrying about me as I was too thin to the extent she was having nightmares about it and drunkenly started accusing me of being balmic.

34 but averages, BMI etc. are bullshit imo as they don't include body structure which put it out of whack.

Get your thumb and index finder and wrap it around your other hand's wrist and if they over lap you have a small frame, if they touch you're average and if they don't touch you've got a big frame, not incredibly accurate but it's a good rough estimate.

Doesn't that depend on how long your fingers are?

the thing is with these ideal weight charts and BMI Index, they don't factor in age, and I remember reading somewhere that you're supposed to add on a stone for every decade.

I used to be 7 stone 2 when I was a teenager, I'd be glad to be 10 stone now. :(

(I'm female by the way)

It'll be relative to wrist size, generally long fingers = bigger wrist. I've got long fingers and they don't touch when I wrap it around my wrist but again it's not an accurate measurement just an estimate. All the other ways involve having to get someone to measure your hips, shoulders etc in weird rubric measurements.