Rewards for weight loss

Guest Katster

i'm loving how loads of my clothes that didn't fit, fit now!

And also clothes that did fit like dresses/long tops but look soo much better!

Edit: i don't care about my E-rep, but why the f**k are everyone minusing me? I'm not saying anything offensive in my posts. And it's related to the topic.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a brilliant feeling, isn't it?

I've been putting on weight since I changed my shift patterns. I work a compressed week 9.30 - 7.30, and I'm eating a bit more overall - I'm still coming home and having an evening meal, but I'm snacking in work too.

I was doing really well right up until Christmas, as well, then I started this work pattern straight after.

Well, got a mighty pleasant surprise when I weighed myself at the gym today, lost about 3 pounds this week I reckon, though I've still got a belly, which I really really want to get rid of and I think it'll take a while. I absolutely love exercising, the feeling afterwards is briliant - I can definately understand why some folk get addicted to it.

There'll be one near you - mines is Strathclyde Park. I'm on week 7 of the walk to run Runners World schedule http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/beginners/get-started-schedules/30.html doing ok on it.

I'd be hoping to do it in 30 mins (i'll try the course over the next week just to test it). They seem to put the results up online http://www.parkrun.org.uk/strathclyde/Results/LatestResults.aspx - that would get me in the top 2/3. Top person there is 18.31 - I think I'll not be beating him!

Actually I ran the park today - which shows up on my iphone satnav thingymybobby in 40 minutes including warm up - so it should be very do-able.

Fact for you fact fans - I used to drive the road train down the route they use for the 5k when I graduated!

it clearly wasn't bad as i lost 2lbs! hoping for a loss of 4lb this week so that'll be a stone in 7 weeks. but highly unlikely. another 2lbs will be good!

there's a park run for me in edinburgh, would need to see the costs of driving. but can't be that bad. that's the only way i'll go out running. far too self concious on my tod.

checked from my brothers house to mine and that's only 1.3miles. so there and back is under 5km. maybe further than i thought. should be doable at a jog though!